Interesting video with Richard Vandersteen talking about his subs

Warning, I own and love Vandersteen Quatro's.  I did find this video highly informative.  He discusses subs in general and how HE decides to implement them wiht not just his speakers, but any.  He talks about freeing the main amp from 100hz down to allow your amp to sound better.  It also takes on the signature of your amp, which I first hand have heard many times.  Hope you enjoy as much as I did.  

https://www.facebook.com/VandersteenAudio/videos/vb.381738891972123/1447831528696182/?type=2&the...
ctsooner
Ct. I saw and listened to that 'table you sold to Jim. That 'table is a thing of beauty and sounds absolutely awesome!!!
Basis 1400
Rega 300 OEM arm with Basis silver wiring...
Etna Delos
HRS isolation base...

expertly setup by maestro Robert Quick of Stereo Unlimited in San Diego......

lucky and blessed I am....indeed....
rocking system 7 and 7 this eve.....

1.2 Kilowatts per side...100% Vandersteen power.......subs and main...

Cowboy Junkies.......
I'm so jealous.  Richard must like Cowboy Junkies as all Vandy dealers show with that song, lmao...I love it!!!!

M, that table is sick.  I was friendly wiht AJ after I got it and he said that the only upgrade it needed was his Vector 4 arm. I tried to find one in good shape, but no one sells those things used, lol.  He said that with that arm, it will outperform any under 20k table he's heard. Now, that's HIS baby, but I now many who have said the same thing.  He said that it's not overkill for that table Jim has now.  That alone says a ton.  

Jim, I know you will eventually get that arm and I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it, lol.  I actually have one of AJ's power cords that he sold me for cost before he left us and it made a nice difference in my DAC.  I love the new AQ cables better, but AJ was a great engineer for sure.
maybe we should start an AJ Conti / Basis appreciation thread....

the Basis arm is a no brainer and a move I may well make when / IF one in decent shape come available...

right now I am using a nice Cardas power cable I picked up for a song.....