Tekton custom grills

There are some active discussions concerning the delivery of speakers and specifically speaker grills for the incredible Tekton Speakers. But nothing on this forum. I'm now nine months waiting on grill delivery. Anyone else??
128x128brianpack

mr_m

Your comments are factually inaccurate and you should listen to some Tekton speakers before disparaging them. Tekton drivers are quality choices and available on the open market -- a big plus for replacement needs. My set of DIs is finished well, the 2 sets of grills Eric sent me are well made and look fine.

Those are facts, period. Anyone can repeat criticisms but that doesn't make your approach helpful -- rather just the opposite.

craigl59,

My comments are factually accurate. Just re-read some of the comments by actual owners of Tekton speakers. And please re-read my post as you have taken what I said way out of context. I have visited several  of the highend speakers places of manufacture and talked in depth to their designers and I can assure you that that type of quality (Tekton's) doesn't make it out of there doorways. Any company can make a good pair of loudspeakers but it takes consistency to make them great.

I think this thread remains a good example of "ya gets what ya's pays for."
Of course, the popularity of Tekton relies a lot on the idea you are actually getting more than you are paying for, in terms of sound quality relative to other manufacturer's prices.  And that's great.  But reality can't totally be escaped - and it seems the general fit and finish (from reports I've read) and customer service remains in the "get what you pay for" realm.
Frankly the issues stated here would drive me nuts, and I'm willing to pay more for better service/finish/aesthetics etc.
Mr M...I actually agree with you and roll my eyes when fanboys chime.I heard Tekton, ive seen them,tap on the cabinets ,examine the quality,looked at the Eminence drivers.Junk imo,the cabinets have little to no  engineering research behind them,they look like junk,Tap on one,come on,lol.Selected drivers,thats a joke.How many who bought Tektons complained about mismatched speakers,one blue one grey,lol..Let's face it Eminence is not on the cutting edge of technology.I get that for some its an upgrade but lets examine what speakers are being replaced,and dont feed me that bs replaces 30k speakers,bunk,Constant complaints follow this company,from grills not fitting,no holes in cabinets, or ariving at all,Mismatched speakers,cap used were not as advertised, poor paint on the horrble look caninets...on and on.....and ive heard them!
I got mine in December and the paint is flaking where the grills touch the cabinets.