Amplifier ideas with KEF Reference 1

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair of KEF reference 1's for my 10'x14' office (currently LS50's). Current electronic setup is all PS Audio (bhk monoblocks, bhk  signature preamp, directstream dac). Incredible sound, zero complaints other than the fact that the monoblocks run hot. I'm getting cooked so the whole ps audio setup is listed for sale.... Although it just may end up at home for a future 2 channel setup!

So with that background, please share ideas for a high quality system that's cool running. Budget up to $15k. I'll add that I favor the warmer side of the spectrum. I'm a bass player and like tight, fast, deep bass..... Glorious mids, and smooth highs. Current ideas to match with the  KEF Reference 1's include:

1. Bel Canto Black EX (integrated or the separates). My contact says the separates are far superior. I'm concerned this setup is too analytical. Anyone heard them?

2. Bel Canto Ref600m. Keep my directstream dac and bhk signature preamp. Probably more than good for an office!?!

3. Hegel 360 or the new forthcoming monster integrated (590)? They're not too pretty to look at but it seems like I've read about hegel and kef being matched at several audio shows. Is there a hegel house sound particularly with the KEF’s?

4. McIntosh mc611. I'll admit it.... I'm a sucker for the looks of McIntosh plus their easy listenability. I've never had ear fatigue listening to a McIntosh setup. I'd be keeping the directstream dac and bhk signature preamp for this combo. Afraid that is be giving up a lot going from the bhk monoblocks to the McIntosh with similar heat. 

5. Luxman L509x. Brand new. Supposed to be very musical and runs cool. I'd probably run with the directstream dac. 

Your thoughts / ideas are appreciated.... Especially if you've heard the recommendation with KEF reference 1's. It's all about system synergy, right!?!

thank you,
ken

keoliphant
@georgehifi  can you tell me how the Bel Canto ACI600 Black graph looks? It's a 25k integrated that's supposed to be very rich sounding. Wondering how the specs look when driving the reference 1's. 

Thanks George!

Ken
keoliphant OP29 posts06-29-2018 12:13pm@georgehifi  can you tell me how the Bel Canto ACI600 Black graph looks?
That's it above Ken, I just called it the Black.

Cheers George
Thought I’d add a quick update.  

I’ve decided to forget about wife acceptance factor and purchase the amp knowing that it’s staying in the office. 

The Bel Canto looks amazing. I’m fearful of betting on this technology without hearing it in person (no local dealers carry the clack or black ex lines). Thanks to yyzsantabarbara for getting me there!

Hegel is the safe route...was thinking the 360 would work nicely....1. Runs cool 2. Matches well with kef products. The downside - the amp doesn’t support mqa which I really want in my next system.  

I’ve  decided to wait for the upcoming Hegel 590 integrated. Should make the KEF Reference 1’s sing, the newest technology (just being released), should run cool, and the dac supports mqa. Preorder is underway....I’ll be sure to update once it’s received later this year!

Thanks to everybody that chimed in!

Ken

keoliphant OP
I’ve decided to wait for the upcoming Hegel 590 integrated.

This looks better to drive those Kef’s low impedance/-phase angle with in the bass, good choice, and it’s linear not Class-D always better to me so far ("the future is not set").
More output devices and bigger power supply, bodes for better current delivery than the H360 can give, and hopefully will drive that bass of the Kef’s without becoming a bit of a tone control.

"The Hegal H590’s class A/B output is executed by 12 transistors per channel (4 more than the H360) to deliver a very specific 301wpc into 8 Ohms. Hegel’s feed-forward loop wrestles distortion in real time. The power supply inside the H590 is twice the size of that found in the H360"

Cheers George
Post removed