Amplifier for Altec Valencia speakers

I have found a pair of Altec Valencia speakers for a new blast from the past project. I am hopeful to hear of experience, both good and bad, regarding hunting down amplifiers for these speakers. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts.
unoear
Would a SS amp like one of the Pass SIT, J, or the like, give the Valencia's more drive than Shindo amps? Thought I would bump this old thread for opinions. I have a Croft phono integrated that I really should try, but it's generally not partnered with high efficient speakers like Altec's. My thought is it wouldn't be the most quiet amp partnered with Altecs's.
Six years have passed (can't believe its been six years, time flies!) from my original response.  Moved up the Shindo preamp food chain from a Monbrison to a Masseto to my current Vosne Romanee.  And amp-wise, the Audio Research components have been gently stored in favor of a Shindo Montille to a Cortese F2a then the current Lafon WE300B monoblocks. The Valencia's in this pairing have more than enough drive for me (all genres but with an emphasis on jazz, R&B, classical and women's vocals). But for a period, I did run a McCormack DNA-1 SS amp with the Valencia's for grins and they responded very well too. If I hadn't happily tumbled down (up?) the Shindo "rabbit hole", the McCormack would have sufficed in my setup (it too is presently in storage).

I have read reviews on a couple of the First Watt amps that put out 5w or 10w per channel and maybe one day I'll try those out.

Best wishes on your quest!
Very nice closdesducs. I also went up the Shindo preamp line from Monbrison to VR. Then CC 34 to D'yquems. I have a desire to try a solid state amp like one of the First Watts, but I likely won't do that anytime soon. Have you tried the Werner Crossover for 16 Ohm Valencia's. I like what it does very much. I also now have my bottom wood trim removed, and have them on stands that are around 9" off the ground,  I use A23 speaker cable, but switched out my Belden XO cables in favor of Duelend 16 Gauge. Those Lafon 300B's must be a match made in heaven with the Valencia's. Cheers
Those speakers would work very nicely with OTLs too. You'll hear the additional transparency immediately.