Problem with brand new black ARC Ref 6

I thought i would write telling you about my experience when i purchased my brand new black ARC Ref 6 preamp about a month ago. It was working fine for a few days and then when i went to press the tube hours on the remote to display on the preamp the unit would cut off, or go to a different auxiliary. It would not happen all the time but often enough to know something was not right. I contacted ARC personally about this and Evan from ARC said it could be the remote. He said to bring it to my ARC dealer that i had bought it from and try his remote from his Ref 6. Same results as before. I was very disappointed as this did not solve the problem. I called Evan again and told him it still was malfunctioning. He said he never ever heard of this problem before and asked me if i wanted a new preamp and said he was so sorry about that. Since it was being returned i asked him if i could get the natural silver instead of the black he said no problem . Within about a week or so my new ARC Ref came to my dealer and all is fine with this one. I just want to say that dealing with ARC they are awesome and second to none with dealing with a problem. They take care of their customers with the very best and professionalism one could ever ask for from a company. Could not be happier !!!! Also i am in NJ and my ARC dealer is Audio Connection in Verona... John is the owner and he is an awesome guy in the business.Knows his components inside and out... I have been dealing with them since 1990 when i first bought my Counterpoint SA 220 amp and SA 2000 preamp. He is and was always there for me with any questions or concerns or problems. Truly old school.  Thank you Evan from ARC and  John from Audio Connection !!!!!!!!!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
I have owned only two ARC components an LS26 and currently a REF5se and had issues with both. And I can add to your experience that I was treated extremely well in both replacing and repairing. Truly a great company to do business with.

Actually I had two problems with the LS26, first unit arrives dead with no sound. After speaking with them on the phone they next day aired one with a call tag for the one I had. Then I had a number of issues with the "mute" circuit not un-muting without power off/on cycling. The dealer tried replacing the mute relay 2-3 times and I finally told him that I wanted it sent back to ARC. They received it and determined that the board was bad and just sent out a new unit which was actually a review unit as they were just starting to build the LS27. I kept it for years as I realized that the later production unit had benefited from some updates, my other unit was 35 months old and almost out of warranty.

On the REF5, I had a power circuit board issue and they just replaced the board. All of my experience in dealing with ARC has been handled with the attitude that a music lover cannot be with out his music and they don't want to be the obstacle preventing that from happening. 

I have to add that I have really had pretty good experiences with most audio manufacturers with the exception on one or two.  It seems like maybe we pay more than we should for good gear but the price includes good service and that needs to be factored in when considering the cost.