DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj
I've got McIntosh separates  and Martin Logan Renaissance's and I have to give it a pretty big "no".  Just get quality wires, but no need to spend $100's apiece, as cables and cleaners are way to over rated.  The value of any improvement (if any) is certainly not worth the cost.  Better off, saving the money up for better speakers some day or a quality amp, if you already don't have one.
Oh goody another cable discussion! My approach has been within my budget to take a consistent whole of system approach over more than three years. Adding power chords interconnects and speaker cables from one supplier. Sometimes upgrading models as I go. End result? Far better soundstage blacken background and articulation of music. Cables are just one part of my total system approach.
I must be hearing things. I guess the cables don’t matter to,some and matter to others. Your ear is your ear. Believe it and enjoy!