Perfect Path Technologies: Omega E mat

I’m curious about this product from Perfect Path Technologies and would like to hear from those that have experience with it. I’ve bought and used the Total Contact enhancer and like what it does for my system so I’m interested in hearing how this Omega E mat performs. 
t_ramey
Mats with money back 30 day trial almost had me.

Reasons to hold back?

Two 2Xs, the Admin. Has removed the thread.

”Painting” TC on the mats? And just about every other piece in your components and electrical panel ?

No UL listing. 

Every proponent wants you to except their hearing and opinion as unquestionably honest and Oh so right.

Granted, I have lumped TC and Mats together; So have the proponents. 

First it was a tweak, then equal to a component, then “dubbed” an accessory; now back to a tweak.

Are you guys Sure now? What is it?

First, it was to be placed under your component. Maybe magnetically to the bottom of the component. Now on your electrical panel. Seems to benefit “Digital gear” the most. 

I am am now waiting for the UL listing and 2-3 reviews in the “rags” by known reviewers.

oregonpapa (Frank) - Thanks for the cordial response. I don’t think receiving a product for free obligates the receiver to post a favorable review but if the person wants to establish a relationship with the manufacturer and keep the freebies coming they would naturally be inclined to give a very positive review. I would hope a person wouldn’t be dishonest just to get free product but full disclosure allows a reader to make their own judgments.

We see this all the time with "professional" reviewers. They review the same companies over and over consistently spewing-out positive reviews. Toss-in the "reviewers discount" they usually get, the free meals at shows, the in-home delivery/setup/consultation and you’ve got to wonder if the relationship is a little too cozy.

A big reason I like reading "non-professional" reviews is because you assume the person actually bought the product and is not being "paid" in anyway for their time or effort to write the review. This is especially true when a money back guarantee is involved - they have decided it truly was worth investing their own money and didn’t return it.

As to my positive comments on products, I can assure you I’ve paid for all of them except for the Burson Audio cables I reviewed which I now agree Audiocircle correctly nixed.

sbayne ...

We seem to be on the same page here.

As far as honesty is concerned, I'll take the word of the folks who have taken the time to post feedback on the Perfect Path ad site over that of a "professional" magazine reviewer any day. 

https://www.audiogon.com/users/perfectpathtech

The magazines very seldom have anything negative to say about any product reviewed. The rave reviews go to the manufacturers who pay for ads in the magazine.

Another thing to be aware of is the music the "professional" reviewers use to evaluate the equipment being tested. If you check their music out on a source such as Spotify, so much of it is drenched in artificial digital reverb. Its crap. It leaves you wondering how a reviewer can hear what the equipment really sounds like. 

Most of my evaluations are the results of listening to recordings (CD's) burned directly from master tapes, or recordings that have natural sound with little or no processing. It makes a big difference. 

Take care ...

Frank