Finally took the Bryston 4B Cubed plunge

Back in January, I solicited folks on the forum for input on the Bryston 4B cubed amp. I was kicking around the idea of replacing my Parasound A21 amp. After dealing with poor health for the past few months, I finally did it! My take on the Bryston is: it's a keeper. It is a better sounding amp than my A21, but by only a very small margin. The Bryston gives the feel of being in a concert hall. An extremely full sounding amp with great detail and there's more emphasis on instrument placement than I've experienced before. The bass doesn't suffer at all either, very tight and clear. In comparison only to the two amps I'm discussing, if the Bryston were a "10", the Parasound would be a close "9". If I were to improve on my system (God forbid, I already have $35K into it), the 4B cubed would definitely be driving it. A premium solid state amp. 
To all the the forum members that were willing to guide me with their opinions, I give a heartfelt thanks. My previous posts (inquiries) were met with sincerity and am grateful that none of the discussion went off the rails. A few members contacted me personally, some I couldn't respond to. I didn't try to ignore anyone, there's simply a downside to old age and a weak heart.
professorsvsu
The BP-26 just got The Absolute Sound 'recommended' listing. After so may years.My BP -26 has consistently shown me it has all I need in a preamp.
TAWW, it is very refreshing for an owner of a piece of high-end kit to be objective about it. Thank you. I wish there were more people on enthusiast boards like you-people who are able to avoid ownership-bias. 
I own gear that most would consider a step up from the Bryston gear being mentioned in this thread-an ARC Ref 6 and Ref 150SE. I am happy with them but don't pretend for a second that they are the best, even in their price category. I have listened to Bryston gear in my own home. I have always found it puzzling that the company seems ambitious and has solid engineers and yet manages to miss the mark a bit on transparency and inner detail in their amplification circuits. To me, their best products are their CD players. Given their apparent ambition, I don't understand why they don't try to market a "premier" line and start with a clean slate, employing a brand new set of engineers/designers. And sorry to digress, but why would they attempt forays into loudspeakers and turntables? In that regard, they remind me of McIntosh which now markets a huge catalogue of products such that I have lost all respect for the brand. 
I wanted to chime back in one more time. I now have hundreds of hours of use on the 4B3 since I started this thread. All that's left to say is WOW! The amp is crazy good. I briefly went back to my Parasound A21 for a comparison now that the 4B3 is broken in. My initial thoughts on the two were that they were close in sound quality, I was so wrong. The 4B3 is in different league, which is what I'd hoped for when I purchased it. My journey has taken me through speakers, cables, turntables, tonearms, cartridges, etc. and this amp is at least equal to the best improvement I've made. My search for THE AMP has ended.Next up: Herron VTPH-2A phono preamp. The order to build has been placed and hopefully finished in the coming week.Thanks Audiogon folks for all of your insight.
So you still have the Parasound A21?  Interesting.  One of the things I have recently found is that Parasound fuses the crap out of their amps.  The A21 has a main 15A on the outside and four 8A fuses internally (after the transformer).  They are all larger 6x32 size fuses.  Putting in Furutech fuses made a significant difference in the fullness and resolution of the sound.  I don't know that you want to try this experiment, as it's a $325 experiment, but it would be interesting to see how the Parasound circuit stands up without stock fuses getting in the way.  The Bryston amps typically don't use fuses at all - they like circuit breakers.
I just haven't gotten around to selling the A21 yet. That's the only reason I still have it.