ARC Ref 6 plexiglass cover

My brand new ARC Ref 6 black was delivered yesterday 6-15-18 from ARC and to my big surprise was the twice as thick plexiglass cover that came with it. I had bought a used Ref 6 silver,natural finish that i had problems with it from the shipment (came damaged ) any way the year that the used one was built was 2016 and had the twice as thin plexiglass cover which seemed to melt on top of the power supply tube. It looks like ARC corrected this problem and now uses the twice as thick plexiglass cover , i can not see this cover melting and causing it to bubble on top of the power supply tube. Nice improvement ARC !!!  And i will tell you that right out of the box it sounds AMAZING..
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman
@folkfreak ....Thanks , I will have fun experimenting... And i was wondering that myself about ARC putting plexiglass on the bottom of the 6. Certainly not for cosmetics. 
Solved the whole plexiglass problem.  Just traded in my Ref 5SE (which had a metal cover) for a demo Ref 6 (only 610 hours on it) .  The dealer had asked ARC to switch out the plexi cover for a "standard" metal cover when he acquired the Ref 6.  So my "new" Ref 6 has a metal cover, … thanks to a smart dealer.  No heat warping problems for me.  lol

BIF

P.S. -- I posted some initial comments about my new Ref 6 as compared to the Ref 5SE.  If interested, you can find them on the other Ref 6 threads on A'gon.   
@bifwynne ............ARC had already solved the plexiglass problem. The brand new Ref 6 come standard with the new twice a thick and beveled edges clear or smoked plexiglass cover . There will never be heat warping with this new twice as thick cover.  The new covers just came out right in time when i bought my new Ref 6 from ARC about 3 weeks ago. And i must say that it is very nice to see inside of the unit and see all the tubes glow when listening and not having to worry about any warping what so ever.. Way to go ARC !!!!!
@tattooedtrackman - I caught that in previous posts.  To each his own. I like the metal cover because I do.  The most important thing is that the problem has been resolved, … which appears to be the case.  Even more important, … I hope you really enjoy your Ref 6.  It is a terrific piece of kit.  
Regards,

BIF 
@bifwynne ..............Yes that is the main thing that the problems were resolved ....And of course to each his own which make this such a fun and personal hobby....I hope you really do enjoy your Ref 6 too!! I know i do..Yep its a terrific piece ...Happy listening !!!