DO CABLES REALLY MATTER?

Yes they do.  I’m not here to advocate for any particular brand but I’ve heard a lot and they do matter. High Fidelity reveal cables, Kubala Sosna Elation and Clarity Cable Natural. I’m having a listening session where all of them is doing a great job. I’ve had cables that were cheaper in my system but a nicely priced cable that matches your system is a must.  I’m not here to argue what I’m not hearing because I have a pretty good ear.  I’m enjoying these three brands today and each is presenting the music differently but very nicely. Those who say cables don’t matter. Get your ears checked.  I have a system that’s worth about 30 to 35k retail.  Now all of these brands are above 1k and up but they really are performing! What are your thoughts. 
calvinj

^^^ Or maybe more like asking if Premium Gas really gets you better mileage or makes your car go faster?
;-)
That’s a keen observation, prof. Obviously premium gas won’t help generally if the compression ratio is average but it will help if compression ratio is high, as in high performance. Kind of like cables, high end cables are for high end systems. Average cables or what we often refer to as crap cables are for pro audio. 😛

I'm new here but this is a question that has fascinated me forever.  

I'm very fond of a particular 12 gauge OFC with 87 strands that is readily available online and seems to suit most systems I put together. I've also been applying a "jacket" to the standard cables for years....Makes them look nice and is protective.

I know some of you here with very deep pockets may have had experiences with some "cost-no-object" cables that might convince some of us (Vulcan mind-meld would be useful here)...….

Would be interested in hearing the story of anyone here who has had a "cable experience" such as this...…..??
Personally, I've only ever heard $10k speaker cables in Singapore demo rooms, with no comparison of course.