I need cables for my 2 channel system

Hi all,

I find the cable discussion very confusing, and it's pretty tough to separate the snake oil from the substance. Here is my current system:

• MacBook Pro (late 2016 - USB-C) --- <Generic Cheap USB Cable>
  • Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ --- <Monoprice Premium XLR> 
  • Rotel RC-1590 Preamp --- <Monoprice Premium XLR> (Runs to Headphone setup on Out2)
  • Rotel RB-1582mk --- <Monoprice Access Series 14 Gauge AWG CL2 Rated 2 Speaker Cable> 
  • B&W 805 D3
Notes
  • Considering getting an SBooster power upgrade for Mytek, but they aren't currently available (open to other options)
  • 805s will be replaced with 802 D3 at some point this year
  • Considering a different amp, if the Rotel doesn't pair well with the 802D3
  • I only listen to digital streaming music with this setup - usually Tidal
  • Occasionally use a Yamaha WXC-50 to AirPlay to the Mytek

Happy to hear any advice about the system, but in particular cabling. I am not looking to break the bank, but if there is substantial improvement to be had for a few hundred dollars, I'd love to hear suggestions. I am not, however, looking super expensive cables and cords. As for sound, I do love the sound of the 805 (and 802 when I've heard it), so I'm not looking to make some radical change to the sound signature. Just more of the awesome I already hear. Thanks!
mayoradamwest
Post removed 
[dammit, Audiogon keeps messing up, hence the deleted posts above.]

@mayoradamwest where in the Bay Area are you? If you're in SF, you can borrow a couple things from me to try. An upgrade to Mogami Gold for XLR that doesn't cost crazy money would be something like the DH Labs Air Matrix, which also comes in a DIY raw version you can terminate yourself if you're handy. There is also the retro tinned Belden wire which is cheap and sounds pretty good, though I think that comes only in RCA.

TBH with a B+W and Rotel combo, I'm guessing your system is quite bright and you probably want a warmer, less neutral cable to balance it out. BTW since people mention Silverline, I have their SR 17 Supreme speakers in my house and they are superb, if you'd like to give them a listen.

I spent hours reading, searching, scanning discussion comments, and researching before I ended up buying all new cables from James. I’m very pleased with them and they didn’t cost a fortune. I went with the vintage Western Electric wire for my Interconnects and the 4x10 Reference 100 for my main speaker cables. Solid, handmade, quality stuff in my opinion. Good Luck!

https://www.schmittcustomaudiocables.com
@bigjohn9095 thanks! Will check them out 

as for my selection in speakers. I already have he 805D3 and love them. I have listened to many many speakers on my way to deciding on 802D3 next but will keep listening. For my ear, as a professional orchestral and jazz musician, nothing comes close to reproducing an orchestra sound than the 802 in my price range. There is just something right about the brilliance and clarity. If listening to older recordings, that ets lost regardless, but if listening to modern recordings there is something special about the B&W sound. Love it. I’m still considering Focal Sopras (which I have heard) but wasn’t convinced on clarity on my first listen. Anyway, I was trying to focus this discussion on cables. I am already quite happy with direction the sound is going with the Rotel, but admit I’ve got my eye on a Pass Labs X350.8 for when I get the full range speakers. 
I used several different good for the money cables including Morrow MA-3 and MA-4, Crimson, DNM, Audioquest Ruby, Magnan Type-2, Mogami, Randall TX Symmetrical, and Speltz. All of them sounded a TAD different. None floated my boat. Then I read about Darwin Silver cables. They don’t look like much, but it’s part of their design--minimalist sounds better. I tried their basic silver cables and the jump in performance across the frequency spectrum was truly amazing. I then bought their Ascension and Ascension Plus ICs and a second Silver. All their cables use silver wire. Each one in the lineup was better than the previous one. The largest jump in performance was by far going to the Darwin Silver. You won’t dazzle your friends with their impressive looks, but wait until they hear your system with them in it. My good friend in Rockford took home a set of Silvers from me and put it in his system. He called me the next evening and wanted to know what it would cost to own them. He is now VERY happy with the sound they brought to it.

I happen to have one set each of the Darwins used and thus broken in that your could try in your system. At the used price, they are a super steal. I guarantee you will love them compared to what you’re contemplating. All the discussed cables have RCA connectors.

Amadi Maddie Signature silver cables are amazing for the money. They replaced MG Audio Planus III copper cables in my system. The MG’s were the first speaker cable that made a quantum leap in performance over many others I had tried previously. The Amadi’s were much easier to use and less fragile, had just as much performance increases as the MG’s, and even had a deeper, more potent bass with better dynamics to boot. Other speaker cables I tried were DNM, Morrow SP-4 and 5 biwired, Audioquest Midnight biwired, Crimson, Harmonic Technology Pro 9+, Speltz Anticables, and a few others I can’t even remember. The Speltz sounded the most articulate and live of all the cables until I tried the MG’s and then the Amadi’s. They were way beyond the rest in performance. The MG’s were a wide 3" ribbon and were also only 6.5 ft. long. They represented a sincere tripping hazard as they has to hang in the air to reach the speakers, plus they are very fragile where the ribbons to connectors lie. In my system, a friend brought over cables that just gelled a hair better than the Amadi’s to create a touch more organic sound. I have ribbon speakers that are very revealing. By the way, the MG’s were over $1600 a pair. The Amadi’s were less than half that much. The Morrow cables sound nice, but there is very little difference in one model to the next in sound IMO.

If you consider your system to be a little less than live sounding, the cables I’ve mentioned will definitely make a big difference, all for the better. At used prices, you can’t get more for the money.