Tekton custom grills

There are some active discussions concerning the delivery of speakers and specifically speaker grills for the incredible Tekton Speakers. But nothing on this forum. I'm now nine months waiting on grill delivery. Anyone else??
128x128brianpack
I have ascertained that the paint flaking on my DIs is due entirely to my mishandling them and not a fault in the paint job. 

The grill cloth is glued then staples onto the back of the grill frame. This is all well and good. I am not complaining (except some of the sticky glue is exposed, but that is nitpicking and not the issue here).

The problem is this:

With the grills on the speakers, I was repositioning them by pressing the grills against the face of the speakers when pushing them back. The flaking is actually the staples chipping the paint. It is only apparent at the precise location that I press to push the speakers back. 

I post this for a few reasons:

1) I am a fan of the sound these speakers produce in my room, but I am not a fanboy. I don’t regret my purchase AT ALL and hope Tekton van eventually work out the grill issue. Yet this thread is getting nasty, and I would like to separate myself from that nastiness.

2) Hopefully other Tekton owners can avoid this issue if they reposition their speakers with grills.

3) I am also not going to post on this thread anymore, and I am thankful nobody will miss me either.
@kristofa

I’ll miss ya!!!!!!! :)
Your post helped me avoid having that issue. I put Gorilla tape on the stapled area.
Thanks!
I will be ordering my DI tomorrow. Have the color selected and ordering the grill cloth from Acoustex.  On their site, they state that their cloth allows 98 percent of the sound transmission. If I have this correct, Tekton said that one option is a standard grill that they offer that is painted. The other option is the Acoustex material.  I'm assuming that a painted grill would not be very appropriate.
Will order two sets of grills, different colors, for options. 
To be delivered together with final payment upon delivery. I've already waited two years looking for a bargain on Goldenear Ones. gave up since none were for sale around me. So Tekton can take their time.