TAS and the Martin Logan Source

Guys;

Any among you that have given the new ML Source speaker a serious listen? I read the review in TAS by JV and was intrigued. Unfortunately, my only option for hearing them around here is Magnolia in Best Buy, and the conditions there are so bad I can't really judge the speaker.

Any comments?

Thanks!

Dan
danlib1
I also agree with the above positive comments.

When I first bought them I was between MG12's and the Sources. I had auditioned the MG12's and was really impressed with them. Space restrictions and WAF made me go for the Source and have not regretted it. Although I do admit that the sweet spot may be limited (at least in my place) they offer astonishing amount of transparency and detail as long as the upstream components and cables allow it.
I also have a beloved 11 year old pair of SL3's driven by my ol' Bryston 4BST in another space and I can almost prefer the little Sources. I absolutely agree with the comment offered in another post, despite their modest price point, these MLs do behave like their big brothers and do need careful consideration of amps, sources and cabling. They can easily play with components of much higher price point than the MLs. I am using a W4S DAC2 directly connected to a W4S ST-500 (balanced) and they sound great. Lots of detail, those new mebranes are very fast, and they give you a deep soundstage. I am not using a sub as I feel they dont need it.

Cheers,
I am thinking of taking the Source plunge just to bring an electrostatic back into my life again.

I have a Creek 5350SE open that is not driving anything right now. Any thought on how it would power Sources? I could also match them with a Jolida 502B.

Any thoughts on how either might work?

Finally, I have fallen in love with Nordost flat cables. I have some older Kimber 8pr around and some Audioquest (AQ4). Am I right in thinking the Nordost would be too bright?