So I'm looking to rebuild the home theater system

I’m looking at receivers under 3-4K. I don’t need more than 7.2, and am about 15 years out of date. There seems to be more bells and whistles, but what is the sound quality like now days?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim
Hi phil9624,

This system is going to be mostly for video.  My TV is less than a year old so I can stream most apps already. (Don't need the Roku anymore).  So the Sony X800 will handle most all of my other video needs, I think. The house I'm in for the next 3 years has Cat 4 and RF everywhere, even the kitchen.  If need be I can feed Cat 6 or 7 most places. I have another room in the basement that has a mostly audio system. I probably will only be able to use 5.1 here,  but want to be able to go 7.1 or 7.2  when I move again. And being able to stream my own music between systems would be cool!

JD
Post removed 

phil9624

LOL,
I'm using a Sony - DE445, a pair of Klispch RF3ii's and subwoofer from Cambridge Audio.  As I said before, I'm at least 15 yyears out of date on all this.  So far we  bought the TV and the 4K Blueray this year.  I'll check out the Yammy tommorow. 

Thanks for the tip.

JD
Hi phil9624,

So I just took a moment to check out the Yammy you mentioned. All looked good except one review about  4K being a problem. I will look into that issue more. 

JD
Post removed