So I'm looking to rebuild the home theater system

I’m looking at receivers under 3-4K. I don’t need more than 7.2, and am about 15 years out of date. There seems to be more bells and whistles, but what is the sound quality like now days?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

JD
128x128curiousjim
So I know they make adapters to make a receiver Bluetooth. Does anyone know if someone makes an adapter to make an older receiver wifi? 

Thanks

JD
Does anyone know if someone makes an adapter to make an older receiver wifi?

That is what they are for. Many options.
In that range I would at least look at the Anthem.  I recently purchased the AVM60 and am thrilled with it. Built in ability to stream, room correction, etc. I have a 7.1.4 set up. Never thought I would add the additional channels for ATMOS but am so glad I did - both music and movies. Remainder of system is 10 yr old Rotel amplification and B&W speakers all around. For my price range, I am very happy with it .  
Hi pattemf132, 

I did look at the Anthem MRX  1120. And I  thought it was more than I needed. I also looked at the MRX  720, and it's still on my list. My thought was to start with the Yammy, if I didn't like it, I would return it and work my my way through a few different brands and models. With a goal of going wireless, and that's going to be even more fun.

JD
loomisjohnson,

Thanks for the tip. Never been to accessories 4 less. I'll definitely check them out. 

JD