want to ditch my Brooklyn to streamer..thoughts?

I have a Brooklyn DAC and have been running my laptop through it listening to Tidal....seems like over kill at this point. I removed my CD player from the DAC and enjoy the player a lot more. 

I am going to sell my Brooklyn and powersupply.

I want to still stream tidal.....was thinking of Bluesound Node 2 any thoughts on sound quality? other options? I tried a Chromecast and returned it. 

mswobo
I had problems with both my Node2 and Vault2.  The whole system goes kablooie at once.  And I still haven’t heard back from my dealer about the Pulse Mini that died a year out of warranty.
  I am burning my discs to a Synology NAS that I am currently controlling with the Bluesound.  It works now but I hold my breath with each Bluesound Update.  Travis from Bluesound Tech Support and I are now best buddies.  Ultimately I’d like to get a Bryston BDP 3, but that will have to wait.
  Bluesound is an amazing bargain, when it works.  The Vault combines a ripper, storage, software player, DAC (MQA at that), for just over a grand.  At that price point, it’s perhaps unrealistic to expect flawless performance.
Real shame you have had so many Bluesound issues, that would put me off very likely as well.
Keeping my fingers crossed for mine.
@bondmanp 

I use Tidal and in regard to what do I listen:  I am demoing a lot at the moment so I save all the albums I've never heard of from the sessions.  I trade ideas with guys on sites like these for high-quality recordings regardless of file type, resolution.  I want to start a thread of super high quality recorded/engineered and sometimes produced albums.  I'll give you an example:  Dylan "Oh Mercy."  Probably a staple for many audiophiles.  I never would have found it if not for a guy at the stereo shop.  Punch it into Tidal on your phone, favorite it and viola, it's yours.  Driving around in the car I hear stuff I forgot or never heard of or whatever. Get home and Tidal has it.  It's just too bad it doesn't always sound as good as that Dylan album.