Hansen Emperor vs......

Hi all,

I'm curious if anyone has ever listened to the Hansen Emperor speakers? How would you rate them against eg. Marten Coltrane, Kharma speakers and the Avalon Eidolon Diamond for instance?

I've heard good things about Hansen but have no experience with them, Could anyone describe the sound?

Thanks a lot
maxx1973
I heard them at CES and thought they had an very detailed sound, very Wilson like.

Excellent sound stage.
In response to Guidocorona comments regarding the Hansen's at RMAF '07 -- the speakers used in the AUDITORIUM (approx. 130' L x 45' W) were NOT the PRINCE, but rather the larger EMPEROR. It should also be noted that this was not a listening room setup, the system was used by mastering engineer Bernie Grundman as support for his lecture on mastering. Many who heard the system felt it was among the best sounding at the show -- despite that it was not in an appropriate sized room.
Thank you Wildwildwes for the model correction. Unfortunately I can report only what my ears detected, regardless of lore. . . . and that system sounded screetchy to these ears, beyond what I deemed to be the venue's fault. G.
I've heard the Prince's in a private home and all I can say is that they are a true reference grade speaker. They will be completely transparent to the source, which means you need very high quality stuff to use with them.

If it sounded screetchy it was probably something upstream of them that was doing it. I've heard them beautiful and dynamic and full. Seeing what the Prince's can do I can't imagine how the larger speakers in the lineup can improve on that.

Enjoy,
Bob