How is the EAR 843P Deluxe vs. Modern phono preamps?

I have an opportunity to get a like-new one for a good price, but I'm wondering how this preamp is holding up against stuff in the $1000 price range of today?
tre9901
This is a classic. Tube sound done old school and at its best. Let me know if don’t want it as I am possibly interested. An 868PL is an amp I would love to own too.
It is indeed a classic and has a wonderful tube sound. Noise floor is non-existent and it has plenty of gain. For the money I personally don’t think you can do better for a tube phono stage. I used to have the dual deluxe MM/MC version but (unfortunately) sold that and now have just the MM version.

But you asked about also against modern phono stages. I also have as my main phono stage a Manley Steelhead and I still think it sounds great compared to that one. Another option would be a Bellari, made in the US phono stage with a single 12ax7.
Thank you for the feedback.  Would love to hear more about how competitive the EAR 834P Deluxe is with modern platforms.  I also own a PS Audio GCPH.
Go for it.  And, after having for a while, if you still like it then consider the Mods by Singermann.
It will turn your audio system into a tomato. So if you’re planning on running a soup kitchen, go for it!