Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ or Schiit Yggdrasil?

Currently:

Theta Pearl
Theta Pro-Prime II

Krell KAV-300i (but possibly Schiit Ragnarok - see that discussion)
Spatial Audio X2

If I wanted to treat myself, which of these comparably-priced DACs should I get?
bbarlow690
Ive heard both and prefer the Schiit Yggy ...
it is just a bit more organic sounding ... its got the Analogue Devices chip as I'm sure you know.

dont be put off by the lower priced Yggy than the Brooklyn, you probably know that Schiit sells factory direct, so the $2500 price tag would be more like $5000 at a brick and mortar store.
my point? great value
Mytek Dac + has firmware updates to keep it current. Future proof, at least for 5+ years out.

Plus really good balanced headphone output
I recently went through this process with the Mytek, the Yggy and the PS DSJ and went with the PS which is also upgradeable. The conclusion I came to was that its largely a matter of personal taste and system characteristics - ie are your speakers highly resolving, or forgiving. If they are on the resolving end of the spectrum, you will likely hear some difference. If not, you likely wont. The PS also offers a trial period. I think shipping (unlike the Yggy is free) and once you factor in that PS will credit you retail on trade up to a ~1/3 of the price of what you are buying, its not that much more expensive. Good luck
Wc1,

Great response
I wished more summarized like you did!

What side of the resolving system , do you fall?
Or, What components and speakers did/do you have?

did you ever listen to other DACs, Exogal Comet, Benchmark Etc

well done

jeff