When did AudiogoN become a Showcase for The Music Room?

I get that AgoN has to make money but this is too much.  When I see a succession of ads with oddball prices (e.g., $1724), I know to skip.  This reseller appears to work on a percentage basis for private sellers looking to cash out.  I had a good transaction once with TMR but the prices seem to be high retail, little price flexibility, and the time I tried to ask a question I could not reach the person with authority to speak.  This takes the fun out of taking a flyer and experimenting with pre-owned gear for me.
I find myself spending more time on hobbyist resale sites.  Interested to know what others think.
jclctr
I think they're just trying to make a living working with something that  they enjoy.

I bought a preamp from them and being from the Denver area, I went to their place and picked it up. It's not just a guy working out of a garage, they actually have retail space with lots of gear to push. I saw a staff of about 4-5 people.

They'll do consignment or they'll buy outright. I have no idea the reasoning why they price things the way they do, but yeah they have a lot more overhead than a hobbyist.
I understand not liking so much structure in looking for gear - half of the fun is looking for that great deal. They're pricing may not be great, but if you looking for something specific and unable to find it else where, well the laws of supply/demand kick in

My opinion, YMMV
I have done a transaction with TMR and it was flawless.  They offered an appropriate tradin value for my preamp and sold me what I considered an upgrade at a very competitive price.  The shipping both ways was handled well and packaging of what was shipped to me was bulletproof.   Communication was also excellent.  
TMR are great folks. I sold a few things and got a lot better price than another place (forgot who that was). Transaction was very easy and good communication.