Seeking informed advice on speaker acquisition (Vandersteen vs. OHM Walsh)

I bought a used pair of Vandersteen 2CEs about 6 months ago. They sound great to my relatively uninformed ears, but I would like to step it up. The Vandys are 25+ years old.
I have two speakers under consideration and would like input from individuals who have heard both. I am considering upgrading the Vandys to the 2CE Signature II model. I am sure the improvements in the last quarter century will greatly enhance my listening experience. The other speaker I am considering is an Ohm Walsh 2000. I have read many rave reviews on the Ohm Walsh and am seeking input from those who have heard both.

I would also like to hear from those who have heard both speakers, but have an alternative in mind. My budget cap is $3000. I prefer to buy a new pair, but I am not opposed to acquiring a used offering in great condition. I am in the Atlanta area if anyone has a used pair for sale.

My room specs are 18 x 15 with 7 foot ceilings.
System:Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II; Merrill Super12 Polytable; Oppo UDP-203; Parks Audio Hybrid Budgie phono
arturos73
Keep in mind that Ohm, as a direct sales company, gives you 120 days to audition their speakers in your own home. You're only out shipping costs if you decide to send them back.

I like the voicing of Vandy's -- very natural IMO -- but they are still a box speaker in terms of radiation pattern.

I owned a pair of the original Ohm Fs (and regretted selling them almost immediately years ago) but they would be way too big for my current room. I'm in the process of deciding which veneer to get on a pair of Ohm 1000s that I'll be ordering shortly. I'm looking for a more spacious sound, along with not being tied to a small sweet spot for the best listening. I've got a difficult room (openings in awkward spots), but after discussing with John at Ohm, it looks like these speakers will be an improvement over my current layout.

Why not take Ohm up on their home trial offer? Can't say "nothing" to lose (i.e., shipping), but if you're serious about finding which is best for you, it'd be a cheap way to find out for sure.
tomic601 - I have bought from Alan @  Hifi Buys and I think their customer service is top notch. Thanks for your assistance offer.
gdnrbob - I'm a Vandy fanboy too after owning this mint pair of 2CEs. I am seeking the best of both worlds I guess. My ratio of critical (vise-grip) listening to general (around the room) listening is probably a 1:5 ratio. Therefore, I would rate a speaker that can present in a 270 degree field higher. I am not an overly critical listerner, and want more of a consistent full field presentation that is generally satisfying (but love what Vandy does).

jackd - I am seriously considering taking advantage of the trial and doing A/B comparisons with the 2CEs. Let me know if you want to unload your Signature models. Are they the II version? Thanks for the  Odyssey Lorelei recommendation.

seanheis 1 - I researched them quite a bit. Would love to hear them, but the street word is they were a but bright in comparison. This may not be accurate, but I have to isolate the contenders. I do love their look (but that is a minor consideration).

For all, I honestly want to replicate the 2CEs with a modern incarnation, but I am curious about the Ohm Walsh's reputation and accolades. My best friend (who got me into HEA) heard a pair and they blew him away like no other speaker he had heard. I'm patient and want the best fit. I appreciate all of the input and guidance. Being a novice, it is very helpful.
misstl - Thanks for your input. I spoke with Evan at Ohm Walsh today and he was very helpful in discussing the merits of their speaker line. They have a 1-month backlog. But a 120-day return guarantee is very enticing. Maybe some change is good. If I don't like them, I keep the Vandys.

I like the voicing of Vandy's -- very natural IMO -- but they are still a box speaker in terms of radiation pattern. 

I believe that the Vandersteen’s are partial open baffle. 
Post removed