Difficulty with SoundStageDirect

First, I find Seth to have always been friendly and very helpful. However, I have observed companies having serious financial issues in the past and I have to believe that they may also be having significant difficulties. I ordered a VPI Avenger mid-May. I have been sending a multitude of inquiries to Soundstage with absolutely no response regarding my turntable order. Hence, I sent VPI an e-mail questioning why it is taking them over two months to fill my order (via Soundstage Direct) for the Avenger turntable. I was advised by VPI that they did not receive this order and that there are a multitude of other customers on the same boat...obviously sinking. I believe I paid cash so I do not have PayPal to fall on for a dispute. I do have some other options but won’t discuss. I recommend that you should avoid purchasing equipment from Soundstage unless you can physically be there to pick it up. They appear to be in serious financial difficulty. I hope I am wrong but I don’t think I am.
128x128jimmydd
I’ve also had issues with SSD in the past... last September I ordered a VPI Prime Signature from them paid on full, luckily on my AMEX, then It was radio silence for about 6-7 weeks. After that period I kept calling every single day till I got an answer. It was one story after another and finally after two and a half months, mid November I told them to just credit my card and cancel the order and if they did not do so immediately I would be contacting AMEX. Two days later I received a call saying my table had finally come in and if I was still interested they would sell it to me at a discount. I told them no thank you and have not done business with them since 
While SSD may be struggling, there are still some good people in this world. 
I quit ordering vinyl from them months ago as it simply took too long to receive it. I did think they had good discounts on specific lps and had some harder to find rock. Sorry to hear about their financial state. I still get emails from them re: equipment and have looked at their used VPI tables a couple times. 
I had to have my monies refunded. I had 6 separate orders that would never ship. These dragged out over 6 weeks. These were in stock LP's too. I don't know what happened to them. I never had issues before with receiving items. I just won't use them anymore.
I don't use this company for my orders. However any company that behaves in this manner should  be avoided. For VPI TT and  components
I work with Bob from Bob's devices. Another quality company is Music
Direct in Chicago. Albert Porter is another for Allnic equipment.   In general I like dealing with small operations with a long history and who specialize in a narrow range of components.
These are companies you can talk to and who always respond quickly.
A good test is speed of response when you inquire.