Music Server Recommendation

Hello AG community,
I have embarked down the path of getting my music off my computer (iMAC>USB Drive>Ethernet) and on to a dedicated music server.  Primarily I am looking for significantly improved sound quality and instant on. It will feed my DAC (most likely via USB). Need 4TB in onboard storage (no attached drives/NAS). I would really prefer to stay with Roon (have a lifetime sub) but will consider others with equal or superior functionality/sound/remote app.
Budget is $4-5k

My current primary equipment:
PS Audio DirectStream Jr/Oppo BDP-105
Ayre K-5xe Pre
Conrad Johnson MF2500a Amp
Vandersteen Quatro Woods
AQ Niagra 1000
AQ cables

I have been considering the below:

In the lead:
Antipodes EX (+ 4TB SSD)/Roon $5100
Innuous Zenith MKII Std/Roon $?? (can't figure out the US cost yet)

I really like the Antipodes especially the modular approach (ability to add a CX down the road), reviews and their reputation. Innuous seems like it may rival the Antipodes in sound quality. Both are not the easiest to buy or figure out sellers/distributors/pricing.

Trailing:
Aurender N100H $3000
Melco N1 MKII $??

Aurender is readily avail. Conductor app is generally well regarded. Would prefer the N10 but it is out of my range. I have heard some negatives regarding this unit being a bit shrill (definitely not anything I would be happy with). The Melco is very interesting and meets the sound quality std but is probably the fussiest from a setup perspective. Their software/remote app is probably the weakest of this group. Also confused about the 2 x XTB setup (is this a raid array or combined storage)?

What other products should I seriously consider in that price range? Is the budget sufficient for my requirements or should I look used or wait and save more?

Thank you in advance and look forward to your feedback

fdemello
By the way, PS audio DACs with the bridge II sound way better than when using the USB input. I used to have a PWD mk II with Bridge II, and my experience with Bridge fed via Ethernet vs USB on that DAC was that it was no contest at all. Since you have a DAC designed to take an Ethernet stream, You owe it to yourself to give it a try.  In fact, there are not many DACs  that work in a similar way to yours regarding the ethernet input. I find it vastly superior to USB.  When I changed my system, I was sure to only go for a digital solution with the same philosophy as Paul’s PS Audio Bridge and Ethernet.

@marktomaras Absolutely Mark. There is some debate and contrarian opinions on this but I do plan to try both USB & Ethernet and listen/compare. Also toying with idea of buying a USB/Toslink converter as a 3rd option. According to Ted Smith toslink also has advantages the other 2 don't (lower noise/jitter I think with limitation to 96kHz). 

PS DSJr Specs:

I2S, and USB - 44.1kHz to 352.8kHz 16bit, 24bit, DSD 64, DSD 128
TOSLINK – 44.1kHz to 96kHz 16bit, 24bit
XLR (AES/EBU)S/PDIF (coax)-- 44.1kHz to 192kHz 16bit, 24bit, DSD 64
BRIDGE II -192kHz 32 bit compatible
Recently received my Antipodes DX back with Gen 3 upgrade and it sounds great to me.  As previously, it displays none of the electronic haze/glare/thinness I have sometimes heard through other digital sources or players. 

To further enhance things, I am running Roon core through the DX but using the SOtM triad of sMS-200ultra endpoint, tX-USBultra USB reclocker, and sPS-500 power supply to power both.  I use the short Curious Link between the sMS-200ultra and the tX-USBultra, and then my TotalDAC cable from the tX-USBultra to my Pavane Level 3 DAC.   Separating the endpoint does make a difference but the differences are subtle.  I need more time to decide whether the main difference is coming from the separated endpoint, the  tX-USBultra USB reclocker or both - i.e., would using the DX as both core and endpoint plus the tX-USBultra alone provide the same level of improvement?

I have another endpoint on the way, Metrum's Ambre, along with their I2S module that I can self-install in my Pavane Level 3 DAC.  This should be interesting as with that scenario I will have no USB cables, just Ethernet from the DX to the Ambre and then I2S from the Ambre into the Pavane.  I could be happy right now with the DX/SOtM solution but the Ambre/I2S option was too interesting to pass up.

As a sidebar, I am on the last month of a 60-day Roon trial.  I had not previously used Roon and I like how it sounds and the wealth of metadata so I am interested in continuing with it.  My question is whether there is any reason that I shouldn't simply move forward with the Roon lifetime membership?  Is there something even better than Roon on the horizon I should know about, or is Roon likely to be a good bet into the foreseeable future?  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
I am a big Roon fan and a lifetime subscriber. I'm sure there will be competition down the road but I'm also sure Roon will continue to innovate. At $119/yr I didn't see the point in waiting on the lifetime. 
I made the mistake of paying for Roon for three years before I went lifetime!  My advice to anyone serious about digital music and who has a good experience with the trial, would be to just pay for the lifetime straight away.