Polite Rules for discussing Audio related things

The polite rules for discussing audio:
Folks post three types of messages:      
Questions ,about audio function, method, what to buy..  
Answers to other folks questions..  
And blogging. I bought this, I did this, here is my experience                        
Allow others to say and describe what they experience and hear.   Allow then to offer reasons without arguing.   If it is a blog, stop telling them what to do! They don't want you arguing, just wanted to say I did this.
Offer POSITIVE responses. If you disagree with them, do so in a polite and friendly way.        
Offer alternatives without aggressive language.And above all, stop tit for tat aggression. Turn the other cheek dudes, turn the other cheek.
What do you think would help create a friendly happy place to discuss audio?
elizabeth
I have no opinion on enforcing censorship on Audiogon, but it is important to remember this is a commercial establishment. It is not a publicly owned forum. The same censorship rules do not apply. 

I find what works for me is to encourage those who engage well, and ignore those who do not. I'm not always the best example of this, but it is what I attempt. 

Also, there are people who are just waiting take on anyone who says anything outside the mainstream about their favorite brand.  Say something like "I found the Magician F a little too tall" and they will be right there. 

Best,

Erik
Have we become so accustomed to cynicism that this "new norm" now dominates our thinking? We go there so easily and quickly at times.

Neil Peart of Rush said it so well in Witch Hunt: "Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand, ignorance and prejudice, and they walk hand in hand."

I try to be helpful to fellow 'goners if I’ve had experience with a piece of equipment or a system, but often when I have offered advice, someone follows up immediately with some unhelpful comment and, I don’t care if the arrow is thrown my way, but I feel bad for the OP who is now less informed and perhaps even more confused. I supported a particular brand and model of phono stage recently to help a fellow who was looking for suggestions and soemone jumped in with, "yeah if you want your system to sound like a tomato, nyuk, nyuk."

Is this the way of the world?
Just read the thread to this point.  Thanks to Elizabeth for initiating the discussion.  It's probably good for us to bandy this about now and again to remind ourselves of our own quality of deportment.

The"West" is experiencing an increasingly worrisome intolerance toward those who hold and want to express opposing views.  College campus speakers being shouted down, safe spaces, shadow banning on social media etc.  

I would hate to see Audiogon follow along that troubling trend!  I would strongly recommend against any new efforts at censorship of content. 
To paraphrase Alfonso Bedoya -- RULES!  We don't need no stinkin' rules.

But then again, ass Rodney King once asked, "can we get along...for the children and old people?"
Well, it should not be like Users249.

That is, if anyone even remembers what that means....