Polite Rules for discussing Audio related things

The polite rules for discussing audio:
Folks post three types of messages:      
Questions ,about audio function, method, what to buy..  
Answers to other folks questions..  
And blogging. I bought this, I did this, here is my experience                        
Allow others to say and describe what they experience and hear.   Allow then to offer reasons without arguing.   If it is a blog, stop telling them what to do! They don't want you arguing, just wanted to say I did this.
Offer POSITIVE responses. If you disagree with them, do so in a polite and friendly way.        
Offer alternatives without aggressive language.And above all, stop tit for tat aggression. Turn the other cheek dudes, turn the other cheek.
What do you think would help create a friendly happy place to discuss audio?
elizabeth
The search for approval..
Credit to those with more wholesome intentions. Their contributions stand out here.
There is a problem with ’anything goes as that is what works for me, I’ve got a thick skin, and I give as good as I get"..

The problem is that the vast number of people who contribute and might contribute to a forum or thread are not of that nature. They are notably more gentle and easy going.

And so, if allowing for nasty behaviour and telling folks to toughen up, we get to a few forum members, with their thick skins - being the only forum denizens.

Everyone else has left as the median of the curve was left out.

So, what one needs to do, in order to run a forum.. a successful forum... is enforce civility --- and cut out, like a cancer, those who won’t be civilized and want free reign to denigrate, be sarcastic, and brow beat at will.

Social and cultural norms that work in a functional society, kinda thing.

FYI, ’users249’ was a pre-internet talk group from the old days, where ’anything goes’, no rules in what could be said..about anything or anyone. The very embodiment of shocking, brutal, extreme....and limited to such who could handle it.
I am finding the whole community to be so into their own bickering and in-fighting that I am pretty likely to just buy my USB cable and speaker wires and be done with the whole thing.  Unsubscribe from the Audiogon forum emails and ignore it all.  The FB groups are worse but only by so much.
I'm a newcomer here and in general find this site to be friendly and helpful. There are some very obvious exceptions. Many sites are not welcoming or friendly to those who are just learning about the given subject of the site and I commend Adiogon for not being like that.

I think not feeding the trolls is really good advice that I often fail to take and have failed to exercise it here. I'll try not to make that mistake again.

I have moderated on other technical websites. It is hard to do well in part because it is easy to be biased for whatever points and beliefs you hold to be true and in regard to personalities. It is easy to abuse the role of moderator especially within a site that allows them a heavy hand.

I would agree with those who have said leave things alone here. For now.

I have also been a member of a paid website or two that had a specific forum for gloves-off discussions. The member is warned before entering. It worked well on one site where the general membership was generally intelligent and thoughtful. In the other site it was just pure acrimony and nothing else.
Sorry Geoff there would need to be a LOT more posts here for all of your stalkers to have showed up yet......