TNT Hot Rod vs SL-1200G

Thinking of buying this used TNT Hot Rod: Sale description
Fantastic condition reference level VPI TNT table with upgrades. Currently has solid elephant feet in lieu of the finicky air bladder ones that came with the table. Essentially a TNT V HR specification with upgraded stand alone flywheel and motor assemblies. The arm is a JMW 12 and currently has a rare vintage Klipsch MCZ cartridge mounted (included at asking price). If buyer is interested I can sell the and the custom equipment stand shown which has a large top to accommodate this table. Has several other accessories that come with it for setup not shown as well as a VPI PLC.
It seems like a good deal for 3500 compared to the new technics at 4000.
Any guidance appreciated.
 Thanks,
Jim
jetson
Thanks to all for your - as usual - excellent advice and experiences.  I think that given the cost of shipping, SDS and space considerations, the Technics is probably a better option for me. 
Thanks again!
HiFi Heaven in Green Bay, WI.  for Technics and Free shipping!  This is who I bought my Technics SL1200G from. Good people.
@cleeds  and @bpoletti 

I believe that this is the VPI TNT that the OP is referring to here
http://www.audioasylumtrader.com/ca/listing/Turntables/VPI/TNT-HR/Complete-w-Cartridge-and-Stand/187...The only thing that the seller changed was swapping out the leaky air bladders. Like I previously mentioned, I have never seen a TNT with corner towers like that.
Post removed 
I think if you want a VPI, you have to look for an older Aries with a Graham arm or something like that.  The Aries tables are VPIs best IMO