When did AudiogoN become a Showcase for The Music Room?

I get that AgoN has to make money but this is too much.  When I see a succession of ads with oddball prices (e.g., $1724), I know to skip.  This reseller appears to work on a percentage basis for private sellers looking to cash out.  I had a good transaction once with TMR but the prices seem to be high retail, little price flexibility, and the time I tried to ask a question I could not reach the person with authority to speak.  This takes the fun out of taking a flyer and experimenting with pre-owned gear for me.
I find myself spending more time on hobbyist resale sites.  Interested to know what others think.
jclctr
It's a free market economy so if you find value in what a retailer does you should vote for it with your dollars and expect more of the same.  My transaction with TMR was OK, so I am not criticizing them or their business model.  I am looking for an engaged hobbyist exchange at less than used retail prices.  Dealing with audio enthusiasts has risks of its own which is another expression of cost I suppose. To quote Hans Beekhuyzen, "Whatever you do enjoy the music."
A week ago + I called TMR to inquire about a possible purchase with a trade. The dude that answered my call took all of my info and told me he would get back to me ’asap’. Well,I still have not heard from TMR. My bottom line!!! You snooze you loose. I moved on...
@aolmrd1241 Same thing happened to me about a month ago. Even asked me to fill out the form on their site after talking w/me about it. Never contacted me. I won't be calling again. Cheers,
Spencer