Polite Rules for discussing Audio related things

The polite rules for discussing audio:
Folks post three types of messages:      
Questions ,about audio function, method, what to buy..  
Answers to other folks questions..  
And blogging. I bought this, I did this, here is my experience                        
Allow others to say and describe what they experience and hear.   Allow then to offer reasons without arguing.   If it is a blog, stop telling them what to do! They don't want you arguing, just wanted to say I did this.
Offer POSITIVE responses. If you disagree with them, do so in a polite and friendly way.        
Offer alternatives without aggressive language.And above all, stop tit for tat aggression. Turn the other cheek dudes, turn the other cheek.
What do you think would help create a friendly happy place to discuss audio?
elizabeth
inna said:

"To quote someone.
- Whatever you think I am or want me to be I am -"

That sounds like the exact opposite of anarchism. It also sounds like Paul:

"For though I am free from all.......I have become all things to all people"

I’m pretty sure he was not an anarchist. The exact opposite in fact.

glupson, I have seen this sort of discussion frequently on other up-scale web sites usually involving expensive high tech equipment. I do not think it is elitist to say that a lot of people involved in this sort of hobby are intelligent and multi-dimensional and often well-read. On the automotive (racing) websites I frequent, this sort of conversation is non-existent. I find the participants there to be just as intelligent, but often in a more practical sense...street smarts....or track smarts...and there tends to be less debate about subjective things. If it doesn’t result in faster track times or durability then it doesn’t matter and no one is going to wax philosophical about it.

I think this sorts of discussions are harmless. No one came to this particular thread looking for technical info. Nothing lost. And there has been some entertaining wit exchanged and so far no one wants to kill anyone else.

n80,

I agree and am actually appreciate non-audio knowledge I gather here. This thread has been quite pacifistic and enjoyable so far. Wait, what was the topic again?
glupson
I agree and am actually appreciate non-audio knowledge I gather here.

>>>>>>When do you reckon you’ll be gathering up some grammar knowledge here?
geoffkait,

I gather the ideas. Grammar knowledge is lower on my list of interests for now, but am open to new acquisitions. Thankfully, there are those who write well here so I do pay attention.
glupson, ignore him (you should already know this by now). Pointing out grammar and spelling errors on discussion forums is the lowest form of trolling.