Mytek Brooklyn - A dangerous pre!

So I ran into a weird issue with my Brooklyn DAC. 

I'm in heavily air conditioned environment with a carpet. If I accidentally spark the volume knob, the remote control setting goes nuts. If I attempt to change the volume via the remote the Mytek will automatically go to maximum possible volume! Good thing my tweets can take power. :) 

The only way to fix it after this is to unplug the power, wait 30 seconds, and reset the remote settings. 

Really not an ideal situation. 
erik_squires
True! I just don’t have a nearby exposed ground. I’ll just stick to the remote until that changes.

Honestly this caught me by surprise because it has been AGES since I had a static sensitive piece of gear. 
An anti-static mat might work placed on the floor in front of your equipment. The mat itself is grounded at the wall and in theory dissipates any charge. I don't have personal experience with them but found them when I did some research for a computer room setup.
https://www.uline.com/BL_1755/Anti-Static-Mats
Surprised you have static in the summer?  I fried the right channel on my Classe amp last winter with SE.  I only listen with bare feet in the winter - the only way I can be static electricity.