A way to listen to a large collection

I’ve discovered a great way to deal with an intimidatingly large collection of CDs and records.
 It would take much longer time than I have on this earth to go through them all, so I’ve found a way to really enjoy the variety.
What I do is, without looking, just reach blindly for a disc on the wall and, no matter what it is, play it through in its entirety.
 It’s amazing how enjoyable this is.  Things which I would not ordinarily choose become currently viable.  After all, I bought them for a reason. There’s no reason I shouldn’t like them!
I found that when I conciously pick a selection, I’m very choosy, considering the sound quality far too often.  This way, it’s like getting a new present all the time.
Re-discovering wonderful performances I’d forgotten about (and, coincidentally, enjoying the sound quality for what it is, more than I would have if I had been searching for good sonics.)
I highly recommend this procedure!
128x128rvpiano
pbnaudio

I primarily listen to vinyl, and as you mentioned virtually always listen to entire LPs.  I actually think much has been lost in the digital age, artist often put albums together with songs of s similar theme or "feel" or just an overall expression of where they were in their life/art at the moment.  Much of that is lost when listening to individual songs and skipping around. Often by about the third song of an album my enjoyment has increased dramatically because I've had a chance to really begin feeling what the artist is expressing through their album. It may sound a bit esoteric, but it's how I enjoy music the most. 
redchaser, I agree with listening to the entire album. There is a story, or a message, or a feeling there. The artist and producer spent a lot of time constructing that album. It's fun to get in their minds.
Also, individual sides may sound like clinkers, taken individually, but usually fit in the album nicely. 
It's also nice, in today's whirlwind world, to set aside the time to listen to the full album. I wish I could do it more. This thread has reminded me....
I try to pick something unusual or that I haven’t listened to in a while. Then, next album should have a connection, and I look for new ones. 

For example, start with Tedeschi Trucks. Derek Trucks played with Allman Brothers. Next up, Allman Bros.  And so on. It can lead to interesting music.