Polite Rules for discussing Audio related things

The polite rules for discussing audio:
Folks post three types of messages:      
Questions ,about audio function, method, what to buy..  
Answers to other folks questions..  
And blogging. I bought this, I did this, here is my experience                        
Allow others to say and describe what they experience and hear.   Allow then to offer reasons without arguing.   If it is a blog, stop telling them what to do! They don't want you arguing, just wanted to say I did this.
Offer POSITIVE responses. If you disagree with them, do so in a polite and friendly way.        
Offer alternatives without aggressive language.And above all, stop tit for tat aggression. Turn the other cheek dudes, turn the other cheek.
What do you think would help create a friendly happy place to discuss audio?
elizabeth
Geoff,

Lightening up never been one of my strengths. I've been a curmudgeon since, man I forgot that long ago.

Then again, I've forgotten many things...
Here's some role modelling:

One Stereophile review showed sensitivity and impedance quotes off by significant amounts

Response...

The stereophile review does mention the impedance sweep, but also says that there is no issue with it ,as the actual magnitude is low, and thus the speaker can be driven well by any competent amplifier. IE, no significant current is needed to drive them. They sensitivity, well, that's an issue you have to take up with the designer. Nevertheless, if a guy is driving them with an 8 watt SET and is filling a room on orchestral peaks, the speaker is doing just fine.

I appreciate your polite and well reasoned explanation to [ ]. With regard to audio it is imperative to view the entire picture rather than focus on a few measurements in isolation.  ..... Measurements are what they are, however actually listening and directly interacting with an audio product is far more meaningful and definitive.

+1 @fetguy @charles1dad
Politeness is always good!  You just have to figure how to sdvise a guy promoting spending $900 on as specialty recepticle (a plug) for his CD player; that after thirty days "burn in" using his refrigerator that it will not provide a dramatic, jawdroppimg improvement in clarity, soundstage and transparency!  These small tweeks actually either do nothing or provide a change to he programe that would be so subtle as to not be noticed by most...and a change not necessarily for the better.
At 67, I guess I'm an official member of the Old-Timers Audio Club.
Back in the late 70s, early 80s, the DQ-10s were among some of the first speakers I took an interest in. Since then it's been a long and fun journey.
I understand where Elizabeth is coming from, with this thread. While differences in opinion are good and can sometimes give us new perspectives - there is no call to slander or insult each other. Also, it's not a bad idea stay, at least vaguely, on topic.
Since most of us don't want this site to be monitored  to the point of having every disagreement, personal opinion or questionable remark censored, we should all try being a little bit like adults....Well, except for Geoff, maybe...Jim