If cost was no factor, what system would you build as your main audio system?

I realize there are some, who frequent this forum, who already fall into that category, but for many of the rest of us, even though we are quite happy with the systems we’ve built, maybe our dream system, if financially possible, would be something other, or more, than what we now have. What components do you now have and (if finances and circumstances, within reason, was no factor) what components would you add or change, to build your dream system?
We all have individual tastes and likes in music and different ideas of what audio components would most satisfy those likes - so, without being critical of someone else, lets throw out some ideas....Jim
jhills
Dream set-up ?
front end - Studer deck. And a lot of master dubs.
amps - Ypsilon, Gryphon, Lamm or Wavac.
speakers - no idea, I would listen to everything I could
cables - depends on the above, most likely Purist Audio.
Very simple and very expensive.
You remember in the movie "The Graduate when the older man told the younger man just one word. Plastics. In reading this forum for years that word here would be Pass.
..but for many of the rest of us, even though we are quite happy with the systems we’ve built, maybe our dream system, if financially possible, would be something other, or more, than what we now have. What components do you now have and (if finances and circumstances, within reason, was no factor) what components would you add or change, to build your dream system?
Jim, In my previous post I responded to the title of your topic and posted my dream cost-no-object system. Now having read your OP through, I get the intent of your topic, so in keeping with your caveat “if finances and circumstances, within reason, was no factor”, and again I had a dedicated, treated listening room to do it justice, this would be my dream system..

- Magico S5 Mk2’s + S Pods
- Vitus SS-103
- Vitus SL103
- Vitus SCD-025 Mk2
- Melco N1ZS/2A server transport
- Melco D100 optical drive
- Dōhmann Helix 2 tt
- Graham Phantom III 12” arm
- DS Audio Master 1 cart/EQ
- Gigawatt PC-4 Evo+ conditioner
- Massif Audio Designs Dogma rack & amp stand
- Jorma Prime + Statement cables

In addition to my main system, I would look to expand to a 5.1 HT System later on, incl..

- Magico S Sub
- Magico SCC (centre channel)
- Magico S1 Mk2’s
- Motorized projector screen
- 5.1 HT Processor
Thanks all for all the great input on what would make a realistically great dream system.
@tecknik There is a reason why megabuck systems have megabuck cabling.
I understand your point, but, as I am a realist and (to a point) a purest, I would have to listen for myself and, regardless of how much money I had to dump, or how much esoteric gleam and glitter the product, I'd still pick the cable that least got in the way of, or polished, everything else.
Your current system is nice indeed and who could argue with your, even more impressive, dream system.

@blueranger In reading this forum for years that word here would be Pass.
As in Nelson Pass/Pass Labs? If so, I have to agree that he has been one of the greats of the audio world, with a legendary line up of great equipment.

@inna A very nice line up. I deffinatly would put a Gryphon, Diablo-300, on my short list.

@melbguyone Thanks for your, always appreciated posts.
Yes, I think you did get the just of my original post. My thought, I guess: If I had a good bit more money to spend on a system (without being utterly ridiculous) what would make an incredibly good system - beyond the somewhat humble system that I now have.
A very nice line up of equipment that you have put together. I've never auditioned anything by Vitus, but it seems like an incredibly good lineup of equipment
Also have to agree with you and others - a bigger, better listening room would be high, maybe #1 on the list.

Thanks All...Jim