SOTA vs VPI (or stick with my Rega?)

I currently have a Rega Planar 3 (2016) with a Dynavector 10x5 that suits me and my record collection (mostly reggae, afrobeat, and jazz) but have been thinking about a turntable upgrade as my vinyl collection continues to expand.

Initially, I considered just a simple Groovetracer subplatter and upgraded counterweight, but am not sure if that is worthwhile. So now I've expanded the search to include a used SOTA Sapphire V or used VPI Prime/VPI Classic. I like the Rega's "PRAT" and no-nonsense design, but would be interested in getting more detail and cleaner, deeper bass out of my vinyl.

Any suggestions/advice/thoughts and alternatives welcome. THANKS!
For reference, my system consists of a Hegel H-160, Vandersteen Treos (non CT), Rega Planar 3, LFD Phonostage LE, and Dynavector 10x5. 
gritter2
Soundwatts is correct. Almost any VPI turntable is the best choice.
The older tables are excellent as is the prime. Their product support 
is excellent and their are many options for small upgrades that improve performance. One of these is the dual pivot assembly which I would recommend you purchase for the arm.
I owned the Marantz TT essentially made by Clearaudio with the Vituoso Wood cart. I never liked the magnetic tracking approach it had. Moved to a VPI Scout 1.1 with a Soundsmith Zephyr. I remember clearly first record I played - I was surprised at how quiet the background was and very little surface noise coming from an old well-played lp. The uni-pivot arm is great as it is unreal how it can track a warped record - with clamp on of course. I upgraded to a MIMC Star cart and was more impressed. If I upgrade it will be to another VPI table with on the fly VTA only, not even up for debate. You can’t go wrong with VPI for the money. I too am a music freak and not a tweaker. 48 years of collecting rock, jazz, blues, and the music that does not fit in categories! 

The "Delux Groovetracer", tone arm wire, acrylic platter, plus the heavyweight will take the Rega to another level that rivals the Sota, but that would also include a new motor for the Rega.

In my opinion....

Spending more money on a Rega? Trying to turn the proverbial sow’s ear into a silk purse? Ain’t gonna happen. Throwing good money after bad. Rega performance is very limited compared to VPI tables or SOTA tables.
OP,
No experience with the Origin arm, but if SOTA's bundling it then I'd trust that they justifiably consider it a good match and value with their tables. I called up SOTA years ago asking about an armboard for a VPI 10.5 arm (dealer wanted trade me one), and they said in no uncertain terms "NOT recommended". I never liked the feel of wobbly VPI unipivots anyways. My vintage FR arm has been a brilliant match. I think you want rigid gimbal bearings on a suspended table, though the heavily damped and stabilized Graham Phantom unipivots should do well too. 

I'm a "set-it and forget-it" guy when it comes to VTA. I find a setting that sounds best for most records, and leave it there. I even have a Graham Phantom Supreme on my ClearAudio deck, with easy on-the-fly VTA, and never touch it once it's been set for a cartridge. 

I really like the ClearAudio decks too. They do get spendy. I bought my Innovation Master, used trade-in, on large discount from a dealer. The Marantz rebadged CA mentioned above is from their older line. I've seen some pretty mixed reviews on that one. Their current lineup is simply outstanding; I've played with many of them. I'd only advise you stay away from the fully magnetic bearing Clarify arm. It's a mess. Don't go fully magnetic on arm bearings. The hybrid rigid/magnetic Magnify arm is outstanding.