SOTA vs VPI (or stick with my Rega?)

I currently have a Rega Planar 3 (2016) with a Dynavector 10x5 that suits me and my record collection (mostly reggae, afrobeat, and jazz) but have been thinking about a turntable upgrade as my vinyl collection continues to expand.

Initially, I considered just a simple Groovetracer subplatter and upgraded counterweight, but am not sure if that is worthwhile. So now I've expanded the search to include a used SOTA Sapphire V or used VPI Prime/VPI Classic. I like the Rega's "PRAT" and no-nonsense design, but would be interested in getting more detail and cleaner, deeper bass out of my vinyl.

Any suggestions/advice/thoughts and alternatives welcome. THANKS!
For reference, my system consists of a Hegel H-160, Vandersteen Treos (non CT), Rega Planar 3, LFD Phonostage LE, and Dynavector 10x5. 
gritter2
Oh yeah, and they're HEAVY.........mine weighs as much as my Bryston 4BST amp, about 45 pounds.
Thank you all for the input. It is all super helpful.

Regarding VPI, why do some people dislike the unipivot? I don't have experience with anything other than the Rega RB330, so would be helpful to hear the positives and negatives of the unipivot design.

Also, with the VPI Prime, what interconnect do people recommend using? Is it important for this match well with the phono stage? Would be interested to hear thoughts/suggestions on this and what others are using. Thanks!!

Not to make things more complicated, but there are a couple Rega RP8 and even an RP10 on the used market that are in my price range.
Any thoughts on these versus the VPI Prime? Or is the Prime just in a whole other ballpark?
Thanks!
In my opinion, get the Prime.  Hands down.  No rega can compete with it.  Or spends thousands on upgrading a rega to still fall short.