Filling speaker Stands?

I have a modest system. Continually look for ways to improve it's performance even to a slight degree. I have read many posts about improvements than can be achieved by filling the hollow spaces of some speaker stands with some type of material....sand, kitty litter, lead shot, and some others. Here are the stands I have......
https://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/speaker-stands/sf26/ 
These stands are of metal construction. There are 2 upright support tubes which are approx. 2" diameter. The stands sit on a carpet floor with spikes. On the top plates are a layer of Sorbothane and PSB Imagine B speakers sit on top of that. The 2 metal supports are attached to the base and top plate with just threaded holes about 1/4 " diameter. Pouring some type of dampening  material would definitely require a funnel.
The reason I ask this question is that, when I thump on each upright post, it rings for several seconds. A dampening fill would minimize this but would filling those posts really benefit the speaker performance to even a small degree given my modest setup? I don't know. Probably, few have experimented with this type of scenario.Thanks for any advice.

jrpnde
I have the same stands you're talking about in the 24" height for my KEF LS50's. I filled mine with 'play sand' from Home Depot. This sand is clean, dry and very fine. 

Regardless of what another poster in the thread suggested, you want to fill the stands completely to the top because you want them to be as acoustically dead and stable as possible. Even though these stands are bolted together, I've found that the base and top fit so well that none of the sand can escape through the joints.

Regardless of what you use and if the stand is not sealed, it might be a good idea to use a plastic bag inside the stand, then nothing comes out for any type of stand construction. It won't be easy finding the right size bag, so you will need to make it. Get a large heavy duty garbage bag. Cut one side off and use packing tape to close the cut seam. A precise measurement is important. Use the other side of the bag to make a 2nd one.

Thanks for all of the suggestions I have received. Like I said in my original post... The open access to both of the upright metal posts are only threaded holes about 1/4" in diameter top and bottom. That would eliminate some of the suggestions for the type of fill used.
I'm sure that many would just suggest for me to get a different type of stand. Stands may come to the cost that many have more than the cost in their entire system if their system is as modest as mine.
I knew that my post would inspire a flood of opinions and suggestions from many. This is an issue that has, probably, provoked conflicting opinions of a lot of folks. That's good since everybody's opinion had some merit based on their own personal experiences.
My original question remains the same.....filling my current stands obviously requires some type of medium that can be poured thru such small holes. If the cost of such a medium outweighs that cost of the stands then what's the point?
Maybe, I'm asking a stupid question? Just trying to make the best with what I have.

Partington have been building top quality stands in the U.K. for decades, have won many awards and really know their stuff.
the Super Dreadnought can be filled to dampen them and improve their sound deadening ability. This also allows you to "adjust" the level of bass in your room where the stands are situated. By filling them fully, maximum bass response is realised from your speakers, so we recommend filling them half way, listening to your speakers where you have them situated and then adjusting the position of the stands and/or filling them incrementally more until you are happy with the level of bass.
If you are a total bass head then just go ahead and fully fill your stands and leave it at that. If you favour a more balanced approach which lets music to breathe and allows other portions of the musical spectrum to bloom and fully play their part, follow their advice and try moving your speakers and balancing fill levels to achieve a good balance instead. You may actually learn a thing or too as well - unless doof doof land is your idea audio of nirvana.
Just one more example. When reviewing Atacama Nexus stands TNT AUDIO had the following to say.

The performance of the Nexus 7 can be easily improved though. Each stand weighs in 6 kgs (13 lbs) but you can make it heavier by just adding some filler into the central column, for example using the Atacama Atabites "delta-chips"...
Adding the filler makes the stand heavier and less prone to resonate. This adds some extra weight (pun not intended) in the bass department, too. You can experiment with different amounts of filling till you get the desired compromise. Don't think that filling the central column completely is the best option. Try 50%, then 75% and finally judge with your own ears at each step.
So use your own initiative guys and don't just succumb to the 'me too - if some is good then more must be better' crowd. Use your own ears and judgement and you will be amply rewarded. I guarantee