Monitor Audio Platinum or Magico A3

I am looking to upgrade my Triangle Cellos.  My shortlist was  Magico A3, Triton Reference, Monitor PL300 II, I Magico S3 II, Dynaudio Contour 60,  Spendor D9, Canton K3, Focal Sopra.  (I have not auditioned the MA Platinum or the Dynaudio).

My shortlist now is: Monitor Audio Platinum II and Magico A3.  The Monitor Audio was a Stereophile Product of the year in 2017.  I listen to most music types  except Jazz and Country & Western.  

I would be interested to hear experiences about any of the speakers.  I have, as mentioned, auditioned but have not heard them in my own home.   TIA

andrei_nz
Magico tends to make their speakers for rooms where there is lots of space to the sides and behind. 

Monitor Audio for smaller rooms with more restricted listening locations. 

This is by no means the deciding factor. You should listen for yourself, but if you listened in the store and thought both were equal, I'd consider the room. 

Best,

E
Eric that is interesting.  In terms of audition I  have had two auditions of the Magico A3.  But the Monitor Audio Platinum II would be a blind (or is it deaf) buy.  
The reason I say that is interesting is that I would have thought it would be the other way round - because of the port.  The MAs are ported and the Magicos are not.  I thought that ports, in particular rear ports, needed the space behind the speaker (unless one wanted to get some sort of boost by actually being closer to the rear wall / corner).

Lots of variables, as I infer from your reply.  One interesting factor is that the Magicos are stunning looking in the flesh, whereas they look like boring boxes in photos.  Size also counts, as do specs, and I also value the opinions of others.  
Post removed 
Speakers are about personal preference. I own Monitor Audio PL500 IIs and have compared them to Magico S5 mk2. I still have the Monitor Audio PL500 IIs. You really need to listen, but remember the other components can drastically affect the overall sound.