Tekton Double Impacts vs the competition....

So I recently have been on a pursuit of better speakers ...I know its all relative to each individual listener . I am a professional musician and am seeking some powerful depth and clarity for my cavernous living room which will be addressed and treated. 30x11x10 pitched ceiling. 

I am polling the Tekton Double Impact owners they're opinions on living with these seemingly beast like cool speakers....after auditioning Harbeth and various others, I remain in a state of inquisitive, insatiable limbo and am ready to forge into some new sound arena....many of these high end speakers just aren't available to demo . What can handle high volume and still hold the presence and clarity / bottom? 

my tastes : Prince, all 70's jazz fusion such as Billy Cobham, Return to Forever, Lee Ritenour, Led Zeppelin, Kiss , Miles, Coltrane, Steely Dan , Toto, Jellyfish, Plini, David Maxim Micic , overall its melodic rock / jazz that needs to be sometimes cranked to very high levels especially on "bro night" 

Marantz PM-11S1
Sony STR V7
SVS SB1000 Sub

Thank you all ! 
128x128tommypenngotti
tommypenngotti:
Am a musician as well and have had the DIs for over a year. They live in a living area a bit larger than yours and can make it sing as loud as I can stand. Listen equally to pop and classical music and like very loud orchestral music (the loudest of all styles). They handle it easily if you have the amplifier behind them -- and they are very easy to drive at 98 db efficiency. With 50 years of audiophile and studio experience I can assure you that your description fits the Impacts to a "T." Give them a try and if they don't please, send them back. BTW, check out the long Tekton thread by Corelli; it's got a ton of info. What you will learn as you research is that all DI owners praise their speakers -- this is unusual.
Craig -
I scoped that thread , lots of good info , did you get any upgrades? When you crank them up I’m assuming they hold together nicely , so many speakers fall apart and distort at high levels...and these Tektons seem up to par with clarity / sound like other big names? 

I know different speakers speak to different styles of music ...I better buy 3 different sets! :)
thanks!

tommy:

The DIs are remarkable for making all styles sound good. This is one of the first things you notice about them. Then there is the realistic dynamic range that enlivens the music and makes all sound "right there." They blossom naturally with the source and will only start distorting when you get way past normal levels.

Pop music is much less difficult to reproduce than is dense orchestral music. My system is now completely tuned and I can sit back and point out each orchestral section/soloist and assess their instrument's timbre. The soundstage is that good.

You do NOT need a sub with these if you tune them well (I use REW and JRiver). Your room will also impact bass response dramatically and some owners claim they need more bass. My larger room is very friendly to long waves and I have the DIs tuned down to 16hz with a little bumb upwards from 25 to 70cps.

Take it from me -- you will not be disappointed with these speakers.

tommy:

Forgot to mention -- Yes, did get the upgrades and recommend you do too.

@tommypengotti,

I have the DI’s and traded up to the DI SE. The DI’s are amazing and It just gets better.

I don’t know what state you’re in but I have a friend in DC with a pair he was using for demo amps. They have the upgrades. I good buy for a local pickup.