Deleted Threads by Admin??

I’ve read a lot of threads where folks complain about the Administrators removing entire threads. While I have no reason to disbelieve the Admins might in fact remove threads, I discovered by accident that the OP’s can also delete their thread(s). (I did so last weekend when I discovered my premise of the thread was false.) When I clicked on my self-deleted thread, the “error” prompt I received was that the Admin removed the thread. So there appears a couple paths whereby a thread can be removed from the forum.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
hifiman5 ...

Geeze, I’m sorry I missed your post. The breakdown of our civil society is something I’m very interested in. I have a little bit of a different perspective than most who post here because I’ve lived over a longer time span.

I remember when FDR died. I remember sitting in a movie theater with my cousins (I was 7 years old) when the lights came on. The theater manager took the stage and announced that the Germans had surrendered and the war in Europe had ended. Everyone went nuts with joy.

I remember the panic when the Soviets put Sputnik into space which started the space race ... and unfortunately the Department of Education was started in an effort to "better educate our young people in the arts of engineering."

There have been enormous changes in our society over that time. Some for the better like race relations, and some for the worse, like dependence upon government for subsistence.

I remember the late 50’s and early 60’s when a family man could raise a family and have a comfortable life on one income, while the wife remained home to run the household. That one income was enough to buy a home too. That was before the theft known as inflation and high taxes took over.

Elizabeth started an interesting thread the other day concerning female nudity in advertising, specifically here on A’gon. She found it to be demeaning to women. I concurred. I thought it was an interesting subject because I remember a time before Playboy magazine and "The Pill" started the sexual revolution. That was a time when a man didn’t dare use foul language around women or children in public, or he would be faced by several other men within ear shot telling him in no uncertain terms to clean the language up. I was disappointed to see Elizabeth’s thread removed.

Age has a ton to do with a person’s perspective on civility, that’s for sure.

Frank
celander
Everything is about politics. These are some of the politics of audio:

Vinyl vs Digital media
Analog vs Digital signal processing ...
No, everything is not about politics. Many things can be made political, and that’s exactly what politicians do. For example, pitting one issue "against" another - as you did here - is a classic political technique. But that doesn’t make those issues inherently political at all.
oregonpapa
There have been enormous changes in our society over that time. Some for the better like race relations, and some for the worse, like dependence upon government for subsistence.

Good to know. 🤡