Deleted Threads by Admin??

I’ve read a lot of threads where folks complain about the Administrators removing entire threads. While I have no reason to disbelieve the Admins might in fact remove threads, I discovered by accident that the OP’s can also delete their thread(s). (I did so last weekend when I discovered my premise of the thread was false.) When I clicked on my self-deleted thread, the “error” prompt I received was that the Admin removed the thread. So there appears a couple paths whereby a thread can be removed from the forum.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
Post removed 
@cleeds +100   I couldn't agree with you more!  People take the apolitical and strive to entangle it in politics. Ugh.  @isochronism 's post is a great example!   Also, as @cleeds mentioned, @celander did the typical us vs. them thing.  

@jaybe  Really? When?   Are you being an "agist"?

@oregonpapa, FDR introduced many of the social programs now considered government-provided subsistence assistance, including Social Security (which is in fact no such thing). When the G.I.’s like my Pa came home from WWII, G.I. home loans were made available, allowing them to buy houses, and creating the new middle class. WWII was largely responsible for the U.S.’s recovery from The Great Depression, also a major factor in the creation of that middle class. I mention all this because it is the middle class economy and society of the 50’s and 60’s that allowed pre-recorded music, Hi-Fi equipment, and musical instruments to become readily available, for which I am extremely grateful.

Personally, I think Veterans should receive far-more substantial benefits and pensions than they currently do, and elected-public servants---politicians---should receive none. Politicians don’t need or deserve the money, Veterans do. Neither I nor almost everyone I knew went to Vietnam when we graduated High School in ’68 (neither did Clinton and Trump a few years earlier), and the few I did came home either in a body bag (my sister’s boyfriend) or seriously screwed up (a really good Chicago Blues pianist I know). It’s the least we can do for their sacrifice.

hifiman5,
I believe that I was the first person to respond to your removed thread a couple of days ago. I attempted to respond to the part that related to audio, but I also thought that it was an entre into a political conversation. 
If that was what it was going to become, I'm glad that it was removed. The last one was very ugly, and had no place here.
@roxy54   Unfortunately, the thread was removed before I had an opportunity to read your response.