What kind of active speakers?

I am setting up a small 3/3.1 system. Due to space constraints within the room and within the TV stand, and maybe preference, I am hoping to use stand mounted active monitors. I'm aware of Paradigms older active 20 series that pops up occasionally for sale here, as well as Quad 12L and the Dynaudio BM actives. Do folks have other ideas? Also, I was planning on using a third monitor for center channel duty. Is this advisable or is there a center channel dedicated active speaker available, or maybe a set?

Thanks for the help!
sammie
To those using active speakers - what music genre do you listen to with the actives ? Also - as to the poster using JBL's in one system and KRK's in the other - comparison between the two ?
What kinds of music? All kinds of course. The thing to understand about active speakers is that they are engineered to ensure proper collaboration between the drivers and the amps. They take the guesswork out picking amps and complimentary speakers or vice versa. Consequently, they typically sound great. Why do you think they entire recording industry uses them? Of course, they are much less popular within the consumer world because they don't allow proper audiphiles to do their tinkering that they love to do.

Paradigm used to make a complete active home theater system. The entire system was available for sale here some time ago. I'm kicking myself for not buying it, @#@!

My Paradigm active monitors are excellent speakers with all kinds of music. They sound wonderful and we listen to them for hours. Yet, they are they most dated part of my system. I'd like upgrade, but that invovles going to seperates, which will require more room and additional expense, both of which I can't really spare. I could spring for some active ATC's or PMC's, but they are cost prohibitive and huge. In my small house, the mid-sized Paradigm actives just make good sense. That's why I'm looking for actives for HT duty presently, albeit unsuccessfully.
Musicnoise,

I listen to everything. I don't think active speakers have a preferred genre. Active speakers are almost all SS design (for obvious reasons), which would be a limiting factor for some users.
Post removed 
Post removed