Speaker Help

I'm looking for speakers with a nice soft delivery. Meaning full range but not harsh. Some might say a lush midrange. I have a 13' x 16' room and can't use an extremely large speaker. On the other hand I want more than a monitor. I use an aesthetix calypso pre and a modified McCormack DNA-1 amp. Would be buying used. Speakers I have tried; Aerial 8, Vandersteen 2 old version, Gershman rx20 and Salk HT3.thanks for the help.
dpm2340
ProAcs would be a great choice, but I don't think you can get any of their 3-way designs at your price point.  I thought the Spendor recommendation above was a good one given what you're looking for.  There's a pair of Joseph Audio RM33LE 3-way speakers here now (this version uses the tweeter from their Pearl flagship) that I think would meet a lot of your requirements and might be worth a look. 
Perhaps a pair of Vandersteen VLR's and 2wq subs. That is, if you like the Vandy sound- Small footprint and not hard on the wallet. Even a pair of 1ci's and 2wq subs would be a pretty sweet speaker system.
B
thanks for the suggestions. still don't know where I'm headed. I never really liked the idea of subs. Maybe I'm just old fashion. I guess it just kind of sucks having that small of a room. I'm still looking though.
FWIW I have the following JBLs available.

Pair L300 Summit

Pair L222 Disco

Pair L100 Century

Pair L120 Aquarius Q wood with yellow grills

2 Pair Aquarius S109 

1 S1 woofer column matched to Aquarius

Local High Desert, CA pickup only. All but L300 could be picked up in Las Vegas.

Buyer to arrange shipping.

+1 on the Vandy 2wq subs with either the Vandy 2’s or Treos.  You may be able to find a pair of used Treos for $3500.  If so, I would get them first, and then save your money for the 2wq’s somewhere down the road.   I have a DNA-1 too,  and that is my plan – if you beat me to it, let me know how it sounds!