The People United Will Never be Defeated by Frederic Rzewski

How about you?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xphomchick
Epic piano concertos of the 20th century in my book:

• Rach-3
  • Rach- Rhapsody on a theme by Paganini
  • Prokofiev-3Ravel- Concerto in G major
  • Poulenc—concerto for two pianos
  • Bartok- 2 (for modernist listeners)                                     and why not,
  • Messiaen: Vingt regards
I don't know about being the greatest anything, but Stravinsky wrote some good stuff for solo piano.  I really like this record and recommend it to anyone who is remotely interested in solo piano stuff. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marie-Francoise-Bucquet-STRAVINSKY-Solo-Piano-Works-Philips-6500-385-SEALED...

Anyone up for Kaikhosru Sorabji’s "Opus Clavicembalisticum"? It is about 4.5 hours long and almost every minute is exhausting to listen to because of the complexity and changing rhythm. I particularly like the last two sections of the work (the fugue and the coda section).

I also agree that the Nancarro works are amazing. They are not conventional piano works and cannot possibly be played by a human.

Ravel's - Gaspard de la nuit and Debussy' Preludes. Both are post 1900 as are most of these composers music for solo piano. Their music should not be missed. 
I love "Gaspard" and the Debussy Preludes.  I think Satie is also worth looking into, although his most popular works were composed in the late 19th century.