BUYERS, What Issues have you had with Sellers and Listings that Prevent you from Buying?

Some sellers have been complaining about how slow it is. Maybe what you share can help sellers make their listings more enticing.
seanheis1
Stereo5, “Perhaps they should clean the dust off the equipment they are selling.”

In my case, this would not be a seller’s aid, as it would only allow my prospective buyers to see the deep scratches in the case work of my gear in higher relief.
Not necessarily their listings, but their attitudes.

I have a long memory and will never deal with a seller who displays a poor attitude.

In one case, on $1,000 purchase there was an issue with PayPal going through. It wasn't a money issue. It was just giving an error. I informed the dealer that I was having problems accessing his account. And immediately he started with the attitude. Later that day the transaction went through. I still don't know what the problem was. Needless to say I'll never buy from that dealer again. Actually, one of his items hit my radar again and as soon as I saw the name I decided to move on.

Another case are people who have an issue with what "they" consider low-balling. I've never understood this idea of feeling insulted. I bid a fair price on amps. The seller ignored me. I would have come closer to his asking price if he countered, but he didn't. A month later he sold the amps for $100 less than my bid. It never hurts to counter. You never know what's on the seller's mind. Getting insulted is just dumb. It's simply about money. It's not personal. People who ignore my bids also go on my no-deal list.
When a seller states "lightly scratched and dented from normal use..."  Normal use? What are you using to turn on your gear, a railroad spike? And I can confidently state that through all the years of my speakers having songs played through them, not a single song has ever come flying out and dented one of them. I also note that there is an inordinate amount of clumsy cleaning ladies out there....
Although it seems, considering PayPal’s hold pay policies and a number of shysters out there abusing those policies to cheat legit. sellers, that being a seller on A-Gon or EBay can be a little risky. Still I have to agree with jssmith - some of the attitudes that I’ve recently seen from some of the E-Bay, A-Gon and even Craig’s List sellers makes me wonder if they could sell a pair of socks, much less a $5K piece of audio gear.
Just one example -I recently saw an A-Gon sellers add that said, at the end of the description: "If you don’t have a high number of +feed-backs, Don’t Bother". WOW, Really? There are a number of ways to make a good sale - that’s not one of them....Jim
So many dealers on Audiogon  now. Not like 10 years or so when it was a hobby driven site.

My view good feedback protects the seller, buyers and how many years with the site. I known folks ripped off and with no help from the site. No feedback and just joined may not be a bad thing but I feel better dealing with a long term member with outstanding feedback from most of their customers. Sell and Buy with caution, the day of this being a hobby site is long gone.