Speaker Help

I'm looking for speakers with a nice soft delivery. Meaning full range but not harsh. Some might say a lush midrange. I have a 13' x 16' room and can't use an extremely large speaker. On the other hand I want more than a monitor. I use an aesthetix calypso pre and a modified McCormack DNA-1 amp. Would be buying used. Speakers I have tried; Aerial 8, Vandersteen 2 old version, Gershman rx20 and Salk HT3.thanks for the help.
dpm2340
We have nice 3 way Lexington 001 and Urban-001 by  Bache ,is fit to you budget ,

What is it with dealers and manufacturers hawking their products for sale on threads
The Chapmans, something I wouldn't have thought of. What components are you using with the chapmans?
I looked on Chapman, T5, They use woofer on the side and cross point
180Hz, for my experience and for all 3 way speakers made all famous
manufacturer is too low,  it becoming to lack midbass (sound is thin)  Mostly all Company now use 500-700Hz
I dont know it slil alive
Actually that link says the Chapmans, which I've never heard, have front firing woofers, not side firing. I was going to warn you that side firing woofers need plenty of room between them and often sound best when placed on the long wall in a rectangular room. Not an issue with those.

Transmission line is a good method for getting relatively deep bass in a medium sized or smaller cabinet. One of the best and most influential speaker brands to employ this methodology is Fried. If you want to explore that type of speaker, I'd suggest taking to heart any opinions offered up by @trelja, who knows them intimately. Cheers,
Spencer