Stereophile and the JL Fathom F212v2

Stereophile just did a review. I haven’t read all of it, but I just wanted to say, I really like the room correction. That’s a really sweet looking curve JL is using, far better than semi-flat or hump that Dolby and maybe THX used to recommend. It’s a real eye opener to me that the curves being used are this good. Well, at least that I agree with them so well. :) I use a similar target curve for music and movies and it’s usually just breathtaking, and feather light when appropriate.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/jl-audio-fathom-f212v2-powered-subwoofer-cr-1-crossover#KthdcrKdB...

I also think that’s too much sub for me in my lifetime, but for anyone who wants a high quality set-and-forget sub, this seems like a winner.

As for me, I'll keep using my Hsu with a miniDSP I set myself, thank you. That's how I roll.
erik_squires
I got to get at least one of those to blow the hell out of the local raccoons skunks and homeless cats that like to party around here.

Have a pair of these. They are awesome. If you enjoy feeling the music or having your couch rattle during movies, check.  MASSIVE upgrade over prior svspb1000.   Very clean for music each bass line is discernible and impactful. Awhile back I had solicited advice for the next upgrade to my system (adding back surrounds, mono block amps, etc) and I’m glad I went the sub upgrade route. Absolute game changer.