Help with kef r900 issue

I bought a pair of kef r900 speakers from kefdirect in April 2018. I enjoy them most of the time, but with some vocals, e.g., Alan Jackson, Allison Krauss and Mary Chaplin Carpenter, at nearly any level, they sometimes make a ripping, tearing or distorted sound that is hard to describe. Initially, I used a McIntosh MC202 with 200 rms, and now a Rotel RB 1590, with identical results. Initially, I used a very old Transparent Musiclink cable and now a Transparent Plus, again with identical results. I’m about to dump these unless I can figure it out since KEF has no one in the NW to repair them and they advise against paying to ship them (I agree). Before I write them off as a bad bargain, theories are solicited! Thanks
128x128maritime51
 I would try sending Kef a recording of what the issues are and maybe they can figure out and send you replacement parts with instructions for a DIY fix. Would stink to have to dump a new pair of speakers that are under warranty
Been there, done that-the warranty appears to be meaningless as a function of distance. That, alone, made me want to dump them, but I thought to ask here, first.

I mean really, they did send me a diy speaker...I feel so much better knowing that wasn’t the cure, and I am now fully sol.

Ive lived long enough to know that sometimes you make a bad bargain, and it is best to mitigate and move on.

I’m likely to move on, and never buy from this company again.
Did you try replacing the 2 drivers with the concentric tweeter? It sounds like there is a midrange/tweeter defect. Get Kef to send you the 2 drivers.
Thanks. Kef sent me a new uni q driver and the issue remains. I suspect a design or fabrication defect, but I’m just a layman. I plan to get rid of the speakers as it is too distracting.