My 6922 Tubes Are Too Bright!

I recently bought a Canary CD-100 CD player.  I swapped out the ElectroHarmonix 6922 tubes for Amperex NOS made in Holland since I had read a review stating that the tubes it came with were too bright.  Unfortunately, it's still too bright for my tastes.  Does anyone have a 6922 they would recommend that's a bit warmer?
Thanks!
wbaggesen
You might want to go at this a completely different way and change your interconnects to something warmer, perhaps Cardas or Transparent, though there are many options.
My comment about the Mullards, earlier in this thread, concerned an older tube. I have no experience with the current tube offered under the brand, and only suggested the Mullard because it sounded very warm-- too warm to my ears- in a Manley Steelhead I owned some time ago. 
The risk of counterfeits is great for sought-after tubes. And even if not bogus, there was a lot of cross factory manufacture back in the day. I bought some tubes that were branded on the glass as Made in Great Britain, but turned out they were manufactured by another company (forget which one) in the U.S. (not a 6922, it was a tube for my Allnic phono-- E810F). 

Phillips SQ Miniwatt E88CC, to me, always had a warmish character without being dark, and had silky sweet highs. I’m so glad I kept a couple of lightly used pairs in my stash, with ModWright now installing his 6922 analog output stage in my Oppo UDP 205. Hard to find these but worth it. I have a pair of SQ Miniwatt E188CC to try, but may well have a different character. For current new tubes, I find the Gold Lion 6922 a warmish, full bodied tube as well. Jim McShane has a sale going on these if anyone is in the market.