The RME ADI 2-DAC 32Bit/768kHz

RME is a German Pro Audio company that's been around for 20 years. This is their first real step into home audio. Not only is it a DAC it also serves as a extreme power Headphone output and has a low noise IEM output. RME's Steady clock FS reduces jitter down to a quadrillionth of a second. Most clocks use pico seconds which reduces jitter to a trillionth of a second. The DAC is compatible w/Windows7 and up also MAC and I/Os devices. It has a 5 Band Parametric EQ. For headphones and speakers you can do dual EQ. Being no two ears are the same you can adjust for both ears individually. It also has a detailed Loudness functionThe user can decide how much maximum gain in bass and treble should occur at the lower volume settings. The user also sets the low volume Reference where maximum gain is achieved. The book that comes w/this is 65 pages and I'm still trying to digest it all. The sound stage is big w/plety of air between singer and instruments. The bass is ruler flat. For $1099 it can compete w/many DAC's at twice the price. 
luxmancl38
I'm trying to digest the Info. I've had it for 4 days. Paid $1099 which seems to be the price on line. I'll check out p.55 Thanks for the info.
Yes this is a fantastic bargain DAC for the quality. The FS version measures absolutely superbly (unlike Schiit products). It can compete with DACs twice the money (Benchmark, Mytek, Bryston, Auralic etc.).
Are the balanced and RCA outputs both live at the same time? I may like to run RCAs to subs and balanced to my Belcanto.

dsycks:

No, its one or the other -- know this only by the manual, haven't tried it myself. Both balanced and RCA circuits are a class A preamp.

The Belcanto 3.7 DAC seems to use a Steady clock similar to the RME FS clock. Wonder if they are the same.