Time to weed the LPs.... (choosing stuff to dump)

I am in the process (again, every few years) of weeding the Rock LPs. Going through newer stuff to decide to sell to my fav. record store, or keep.
I do this every few years to thin out the collection gradually. Eight years ago I did a major cull removing 6,000 LPs of 12,000 to move. Over the last six years I have cut that down to 4,500 (and probably buying 500 of those during that time).For all sorts of reasons it is a good project. Get rid of cobweb covered music I have no use for, (and maybe someone else wants) Frees up a small amount of cash to waste on more Stereo junk.The main thing is the collection gets better, more just what I really like.Anyone else clear out the junk now and then?(For the question already forming... and no I will not sell them here. I have bought tons of stuff at my fav. record store, I like them, and sell all my records to them.  LOL)
elizabeth
I try to support my LRS where possible as without him I would be stuck with online sources or rummaging through garage  and flea markets.
My LRS is the only worthwhile one within an hour drive and he is a true music lover and sells cassettes as well as vinyl.
Mostly rock and jazz, very little classical.
And the largest Elvis selection I have ever seen.
When I have found myself with duplicate vinyl from getting better copies etc he has always taken my stuff.
However I never get actual cash, he knows me better, just knocks it off whatever I buy instead......lol.
But we all should try to support our LRS where possible, we need them as,much as they need us!
Tony vinyl may be "hot" for now but I would add that it will likely, in my estimation, retain a fringe group of enthusiasts because regardless of what naysayers may say "east is east west is west and never the twain shall meet", the analog vs digital element of the equation they are different.

Maybe Elizabeth isn’t so much of a "hoarder" but came across a large stash along her journey maybe from someone, a hoarder perhaps, going through an intervention. Now she has decided is time to unload the dogs. True hoarders often can’t let go without professional help. I didn’t read that Elizabeth was rambling, why the hostility dude, she’s just sharing an experience.
i know more than a few serious analog lovers with 10k records and they are not hoarders...

not sure I like AF guys w access to precision weapons to have an affinity for “ Icelandic death metal “
16f4.
No, just noticed that when I was in 173rd Airborne Brig. on Okinawa the gang at Kadena always said military whilst the rest of us said Soldier, Marine or Sailor .
Post removed