Replacing fuse

Would replacing an 6.3A SLO BLO fuse with an 8 SLO BLO fuse be ok? Thanks for any information.
john421
Nah,just an average guy that rather have money to take my children out to dinner for a $100 than spending a $100 on one audiophile grade fuse.What would be your choice?
They only get the best, always makes me happy to see them happy.There old enough to treat me now and then.
In the big scheme of things, 1.7A difference is not a whole lot when you are looking at a 6.3A reference point. And it really varies depending on manufacturer.
The reference point , imo, should be the power consumption of the piece of equipment. I doubt the 6.3A is the FLA of the OP’s piece equipment. The 6.3A is more than likely a built in fudge factor the designer/manufacturer decided on to eliminate any chance of nuisance fuse blowing.
The fudge factor might be tight, maybe 110% of the FLA of a piece of equipment. It could be 125%, 150%, 175% or 200%. Maybe even 250%... It depends on the type/design of the equipment and the quality of the parts used.

Just one example. I have an ARC VT50 tube power amp. On the rear panel of the amp it is listed 330 watts power consumption. The rear mounted AC Line fuse is a dual element SLO-BLO 4 amp 250V fuse.
330 watts / 120Vac = 2.75A. The 4 amp fuse is just slightly less 150% of 2.75A.
(2.75 X 150% = 4.125)

Jim